waste water from tankers? Rt6 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Send a message via AIM to HNTRSCOT
waste water from tankers? Rt6

Rt 6 in bradford these tankers are spilling waste water from trucks as they go up and down the hills! Is this frack water harmful? Some trucks say fresh water only...but the ones I noticed spilling water ... say waste water!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Sage

Re: waste water from tankers? Rt6

Most of the tank trucks I've seen hauling water to/from drilling sites, are marked "Residual Waste" or something to that effect.

I've seen them hauling water into drilling sites, which is probably most often "fresh" water. And I've also seen them transfering water from one site to another one, which may be frac water that's being used again?

I wouldn't assume it's already mixed frac water being spilled on Rt. 6, since it's more likely to be fresh water being taken to sites?

Call DEP, if you have good reason to suspect they're transfering frac water and sloppin' it on the highways.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Sage

I've seen one or two tankers myself Never saw one drop coming out.

wmu 3A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 12:42 AM
The Man

TD, i'm sure you have seen a couple

as far as seeing " all the trucks on rt 6 in bradford " spilling frac water on the road...???????

first i say call the state police and the DEP.

second, i say your full of it, cuz if all the trucks were leaking frac fluid as you say, the DEP would already be there issuing NOV's to the gas comp's and the haulers. As well as the DOT handing out huge fines!!

denny,
if a truck is going to haul frac water, it needs a 4" tall sign on each side saying " residual waste ". it also needs a PA dep "WTSP" permit on the truck & trailer .
some trucks haul only fresh water, some only waste water, yet others haul both.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
..yet others haul both.
Geeze, thought I mentioned dat part?

We got a feller here in town that has four or five 18 wheeler water tankers and two triaxle tankers (all Petes). Mostly hauls pool water, but also totes water for some of the new bridge construction jobs going on in these parts.

He also sells fuel oil, which is why I deal with him. Told him the other day, that it's too bad he's so far away from all that water fetchin' work up north. He said he's already had some offers to haul water, but decided he didn't want to send his trucks that far away.

Probably too thrifty to want to pay lodging for his drivers, is my take? Actually, most of his drivers are retired OTR guys and don't want to leave town anyway.

When I was a little twerp in the 50s and 60s, a Potter uncle hauled Potter Co. peas for Hanover Canning. Used milk tankers, they mixed the peas with crushed ice to keep them from spoiling in transit to canneries in Centre County, mostly.

Unc used to crack the valve to let some water out as the ice melted. Now and then someone would pass us and yell that the tank was leaking, so he hung a Free Ice Water sign over the rear valve. Actually we got passed quite a bit, since back then he and my cousins were driving an A40 or A50 model Mack, or an old White Mustang, all single axle gassers.

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 AM
Sage

that ice water probably tasted like pea

wmu 3A
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 02:14 AM
Sage

Looked like it too, if memory serves? Kind of a greenish tint. Unc wired an old tin cup back there with the sign, but someone swiped it while we were waiting to be unloaded one night.

Probably get a fine these days, for trailing a sprinkle of green ice water from Gold on Rt. 49, all the way down to Center Hall?

Most of the haulers rented milk tankers from Heil, down near Philly (Conshohocken?). When I was 16, unc stopped at my parents for supper, on his way to return one and I rode along with him. Almost had him talked into letting me take the wheel on the way back to my place that night, when he got sleepy.

By then he had an old White with a Cummins diesel, still a single axle.

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 01:37 PM
The Man

denny, ya kinda sorta did

a little more detail.
if you haul for CHK gas comp, your truck has to be designated as 1. fresh water, 2. dirty water, 3. drill mud

you can not haul fresh water with a dirty or mud truck, UNLESS you have it cleaned out.
CHK actually has people taking random water samples out of trucks at fresh water impoundments to be sure that no contanimated water is going in them.

that is one of the reasons why trucks have the "FRESH WATER ONLY" decals on the tanks.

all of my water trucks haul fresh water, CHK requires that i have the fresh water deacals, plus we have to remove the residual waste stickers from the tank, which at that point would make it illegal for me to haul dirty water in the tank.

on another note, i heard that a water truck leaked some frac water on a road near hughsville last night. one truck mind you.
the STATE POLICE, DEP, DOT, FIRE DEPT, LOCAL EMA, AFGANISTAN NATIONAL GAURD, GERMAN PAROT TROOPERS, 3 NASA SCIENTIST, 3 CONGRESSMAN, 14 LAWYERS, AND 3 SOVIET SUBMARINES WERE ALL SENT TO THE SCENE TO ASSURE NO FROGS WERE HARMED.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Sage

Rendell and Geraldo Rivera weren't there?

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Send a message via AIM to HNTRSCOT

Buzz...The trucks were labled...residual waste! I saw the water dump out on rt 6 with my own eyes! You must have blinder on or maybe one of many with a well on land!

dont want to hear all the fools crying when your well water goes to [censored]!

our kids will be proud that greed made the land unlivable!

I saw what I saw!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page