The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

couple cats

3K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  plottdog 
#1 ·
this first cat was shot over my cousins black and tan . wish i would have taken a pic of her with it . shot on 1/26 , 27 lb male . 3 hpa members were along on this one

this next cat was taken on monday 1/28 over two dogs .both are plotts .had another hpa guy along on this hunt . cat was shot by a gentleman who has hunted them for a few years and this was his first encounter with a gun in his hand . the chase lasted close to 4 hours and covered nearly 14 miles . dogs went into a loss and then picked it back up , really exciting chase with a great outcome , 15 yd broadside shot . never knew what hit her . cat was a 20 lb female .

all in all a great season .had many chases , covered some beautiful ground and had lots of fun . want to say to the dog owner , thanks ,we'll be after them again next year . also want to say we had a great time this past weekend up in bradford county . had 6 hpa members along for that hunt . saw many fresh cat tracks ,just couldn't seal the deal . the amount of sign we saw was incredible . that will be a place we concentrate on next year .

See less See more
#10 ·
Dietsch, if I didn't see it with my own two eyes in Bradford I'd be calling you a liar.
I left my house at 4:30 in the morning to meet the guys at the White House in Bradford for breakfast. There was a skiff of snow on the ground that was only about 6 hours old, and in the 300 yards it took me to get the cabin I cut two sets of cat tracks crossing the road!
And then we cut another set not 100 yards up the road in the other direction. I had no idea anywhere in this state had that kind of concentration of cats. I think collectively we saw at least 10-12 different sets of tracks in less than one square mile, and had a split chase at least once.
What a great time and a great bunch of guys. Thanks again.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.