Just joined - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Administrator
 
casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: milford pa-pike county
Posts: 13,789
Back To Top
You're an hour from me I'm just a little Northeast of Milford up on Cummins Hill
casey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Delaware State Forest PA
Posts: 19
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
You're an hour from me I'm just a little Northeast of Milford up on Cummins Hill
Yes, OK I see where you are - or at least I see Cummins Hill Rd (thank you Google Maps). Do you use the PGC shooting range by Decker Pond at all?
LeftHandGuy is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Administrator
 
casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: milford pa-pike county
Posts: 13,789
Back To Top
Never use it.

Shoot on my own property but if you plan on going there be sure to read the rules very carefully and abide by them.

Plus go on a week day or night because weekends the place is packed.
casey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Delaware State Forest PA
Posts: 19
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
Never use it.

Shoot on my own property but if you plan on going there be sure to read the rules very carefully and abide by them.

Plus go on a week day or night because weekends the place is packed.
Rgr that! I've used the Tobyhanna one before so I'm familiar with the rules, but now that we're on 402 I think this one is about the same distance away, but maybe a little bit further from all the Mt Pocono area tourist traps and the big one, it doesn't mean trying to get past the Crossings...
LeftHandGuy is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 11:26 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: western pa
Posts: 1,146
Back To Top
Welcome Sir. I hope you enjoy PA. I did some Hunting in Germany. Really enjoyed their Customs. Spring Turkey is my Passion. Good Luck.
bobcat1 is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Delaware State Forest PA
Posts: 19
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
Welcome Sir. I hope you enjoy PA. I did some Hunting in Germany. Really enjoyed their Customs. Spring Turkey is my Passion. Good Luck.
Thanks for the welcome! I never hunted when I was in Germany (I used to have to go to Germany for work), but I knew people who did. I mostly hunted in England, but I have also been lucky enough to hunt deer and pheasant in Scotland too, which has a landscape maybe a bit closer to the landscape in my part of PA.
LeftHandGuy is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: western pa
Posts: 1,146
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandGuy View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I never hunted when I was in Germany (I used to have to go to Germany for work), but I knew people who did. I mostly hunted in England, but I have also been lucky enough to hunt deer and pheasant in Scotland too, which has a landscape maybe a bit closer to the landscape in my part of PA.
I bet it was Beautiful. In Germany you had to be invited to Hunt and then if you wanted the meat you had to buy it. Same in England?
bobcat1 is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator
 
BCozhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
Posts: 25,580
Back To Top
Waidmannsheil, and Welcome!
BCozhunter is online now  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Delaware State Forest PA
Posts: 19
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
I bet it was Beautiful. In Germany you had to be invited to Hunt and then if you wanted the meat you had to buy it. Same in England?
In England you need permission from the landowner - there's no public hunting land. So if you're lucky to own land you're good to go (I wasn't!). On most land where you pay a professional stalker to take you out hunting you would be allowed to buy the meat from game that you shoot, normally at an affordable price. They generally only insist that you buy it if you screwed up and shot the animal badly.

I have hunted land for landowners who'd already sold the meat in advance - so I couldn't buy the meat then - but I got paid to do that hunting, so still quite a good deal.
LeftHandGuy is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: western pa
Posts: 1,146
Back To Top
Same in Germany. Enjoy PA. Shoot a big one this year!
bobcat1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome