Government Daddy - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
Government Daddy

One of my liberal friends posted this Tweet on Facebook. (He is not the one who made the twit)

I typically avoid political discussion on FB, but this time I did respond, with:
"To know what? That too many of us have become dependent on the government to care for our personal responsibilities?"

Quite the shining example of how the left looks to the government to run their daily lives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89200720_2765404796883520_4317576910084243456_o.jpg (59.4 KB, 16 views)
bohunr and ruger300 like this.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 09:15 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

It DOES say a lot about America. It says how utterly incompetent and inept so many people are at being responsible for their own actions and being self sufficient. They are completely reliant on the government and Uncle Sam knows it and plays them like a fiddle. Between big government advocates and their media lapdogs, they have entire generations suckling at the government teet...
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 09:30 AM

that post is 100% true. the Erie school district claims that 77% of the students live in poverty, they are concerned if schools close how the students will get meals. they are suggesting that the schools still make the lunches and package them for pick up at the door so the students will at least get lunch.

I think the bigger problem is with the Democrat leadership here in Erie. they know the percentage of people living in poverty yet they spend millions and millions re-doing the Warner theater and the minor league ballpark, replenishing the sand on the beaches at Presque Isle state park when that money, millions upon millions of it (10 million for the warner) could be used to help bring industry to this area and job training so that families could get out of poverty.

i also bet the majority of those families have no interest in bettering themselves because uncle sam already takes care of them for FREE !!

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 09:43 AM

So I agree this is more leftist/statist nonsense but the one scientist that was on the Joe Rogan podcast cast this in a different reason for the schools not to close. His first point was that school age kids are not affected by covid-19. They are carriers and are contagious or whatever but only like .02 percent display symptoms if my memory servces me right. His second point was in regards to the childcare in that the CDC says that something like 38% of nurses in the US have school age children so that if you really do have a huge pandemic problem, then you are taking alot of the healthcare workforce out of the fight if you do close the schools. It was interesting to hear some of those facts the scientist said.

I would highly recommend listening to the podcast. The scientist also had some interesting things to say about CWD and lyme disease.
bohunr and ruger300 like this.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 09:51 AM

my 1st Grandchild is due next month. I think hospitals should ban visitors except direct family. especially on the maternity floor. that means my son would be the only visitor when the baby is born. i can wait until the baby gets home.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 10:11 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGLE BOY View Post
It DOES say a lot about America. It says how utterly incompetent and inept so many people are at being responsible for their own actions and being self sufficient. They are completely reliant on the government and Uncle Sam knows it and plays them like a fiddle. Between big government advocates and their media lapdogs, they have entire generations suckling at the government teet...
How true!!! The demonrats use the free stuff and "plays them like a fiddle" for their vote.

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
that post is 100% true. the Erie school district claims that 77% of the students live in poverty, !!

Bet it doesn't stop them from taxing to the hilt the other 23%. We will NEVER get real estate tax reform in this state.
bohunr, limbhnger10 and ruger300 like this.

Ps.146:9 "The Lord watches over the sojourners".
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 01:07 PM
Regular Visitor

I think in the weeks ahead we are about to see what a Sanders economy would look like. Free, Free, Free
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 01:15 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
my 1st Grandchild is due next month. I think hospitals should ban visitors except direct family. especially on the maternity floor. that means my son would be the only visitor when the baby is born. i can wait until the baby gets home.

That is certain to come, not just on maternity units, but system wide, as well as limiting visits to nursing homes, which is already being recommended.
bohunr likes this.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 11:26 AM

Several years ago a friend who is an artist sent me his rendition of what he felt the symbol of the US should be. He had kept everything the same except he removed the bald eagle and replaced it with a big sow pig with about two dozen nipples. There are a lot of people in this country that were never taught and refuse to accept the concept of self reliance. They are essentially adult 6/7 year old's in their ability to think for themselves, take care of themselves, and meet their obligations to others. Poor state of affairs for certain.
bohunr, Dogface and ruger300 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page