Voter Participation - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Voter Participation

I keep hearing again and again about increasing voter turnout and participation. It seems to me if a person was informed enough and motivated enough they would already be participating.
If not why would we want the to cast a vote ?

All I hear about is we have to make it easierÖ.Really? how hard is it ?

Cell phones, early voting, excessive absentee ballots, Motor voter etc. are all just another way to screw up an election.
If you donít understand how important it is , or are just too lazy why should we care if they donít cast a ballot. I would prefer they donít.
I would prefer they actually did some research about who they are voting for.

Here is what I purposeÖ.

Photo ID or proof of citizenship.
Raise the voting age to 25 (sorry but at 16 most individuals havenít lived long enough to understand the impacts of the decision)
Paper ballots or at least a paper copy for back up.
Election day as a vacation day so maybe you can run your neighbor to the polls. Trade in Presidents day or something.
Eliminate early voting.
End motor voter.
Limit absentee ballots
Preserve the Electoral College as is.

Maybe you guys have some better ideas. What say Ye ?
treedaddy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 04:41 PM
The Man

Well, you really can't prevent idiots from voting, if so 2% of the Country would decide the outcome.

I believe that if you're old enough to serve your country, you're old enough to vote. And all other grown up stuff. Majority for all things should be 18, IMO.

I have no problem with motor voter...provides a more thorough vetting than simply registering at the courthouse and is convenient...win/win.

I'm indifferent on the election day holiday.

All of your other points I am in agreement with.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 05:47 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefisher View Post

Raise the voting age to 25 (sorry but at 16 most individuals haven’t lived long enough to understand the impacts of the decision)
The current voting age is 18, not 16.

I think it should stay 18. People can join the military at 18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 06:05 PM

Voting is much different for the democrats verses the republicans, the republicans are concerned with possible cheating, and the democrats are looking for ways to cheat. Voting day for republicans is a simple day, go vote for the best person, who will hopefully work to better our country, one simple vote and you are done. Voting day for the democrats is very different, you must travel all over the place, to vote as many times as possible, you must impersonate dead people, and not be afraid, to maybe use ball bats, to discourage honest republicans from voting. At the end of the day, the democrat only hopes all his votes and intimidation will lead to someone who can destroy our country, being elected. Stressful day for both parties. Trump 2020
.257 and Mussgrass like this.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 06:24 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpottorff View Post
Voting is much different for the democrats verses the republicans, the republicans are concerned with possible cheating, and the democrats are looking for ways to cheat. Voting day for republicans is a simple day, go vote for the best person, who will hopefully work to better our country, one simple vote and you are done. Voting day for the democrats is very different, you must travel all over the place, to vote as many times as possible, you must impersonate dead people, and not be afraid, to maybe use ball bats, to discourage honest republicans from voting. At the end of the day, the democrat only hopes all his votes and intimidation will lead to someone who can destroy our country, being elected.
Cool story, bro.

Meanwhile, back in reality world...
dragman likes this.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 06:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

treefisher , I like your idea about showing identification to vote. the only problem is the democrats will never go along with it.
.257 likes this.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
Virginia has a bill introduced today to make several changes to voting there, one of which is to get rid of the current voter ID requirement. Another is a to allow registration up to two days before voting.

A whole slew of bills were introduced in Virginia today, none of which are going to be good for the state in the long run. I hope the voters in PA are paying attention to what going on down there. We're only one election away from being in the same disastrous situation.
treefisher and .257 like this.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 07:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

agreed. the democrats will do anything to stack the deck in their favor.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbert View Post
The current voting age is 18, not 16.

I think it should stay 18. People can join the military at 18.
There were several states recently with bills introduced to lower the voting age to 16. After the Parkland shooting and marches.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

treefisher, agree with your earlier post that 16 is to young to vote. it is only to get more votes by someone to young to fully understand what their voting on . especially when they are lied to get those votes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page