Phobias - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Phobias

Back when Trump started his campaign I began noticing a lot of “social justice warriors” shouting about all these apparent phobias that are plaguing our society today. To this day I still don’t know what some of them even mean and I really have no desire to find out. I would like to focus on two that I do know however and feel I actually am suffering from these phobias. One is homophobia and the other is transphobia. Before I go any further I want to make a few things clear. When it comes to homosexuals I feel that they are born that way and there is nothing they can do about it. In regards to transgenders I think that they have a mental illness and 90% of them don’t choose to be that way. I feel they should have the same rights as every American citizen and I would never wish them harm. I would also never be unkind to them if they were in my presence. So let’s get to the phobia part. Last week I was walking to my truck and a kid in probably his mid twenties comes walking by. He was probably 6’4/6’5 and went close to 250. Gangly type of kid wearing men’s gym type clothing and curly hair. He had on women’s earrings that almost dangled down to his shoulders and had on makeup. He reminded me of a creepy clown. In fact most of them do. When I was 8 or 9 my dad let me stay up one night and watch the movie Poltergeist . Do you guys remember the scene of the toy clown coming to life and dragging the son under the bed ? Ever since then I have had a phobia of clowns. Because of this I can’t but be creeped out by transgenders because every time I see one I think of a creepy clown. There is absolutely no way I can sit next to one and feel comfortable and short of getting hypnotized I don’t think that will ever change. On to homosexuals. I don’t care what people do in the privacy of their own homes I just don’t want to hear about it or see it be it two men or even a man and woman. Watching people in public being overly affectionate with one another grosses me out. It’s bad enough if it’s two of the opposite sex but two of the same sex (men) would make me want to either vomit or pass out. I can’t help feeling this way. It’s kind of like how someone can’t take nails on a chalkboard or having a food add version that makes them sick to their stomach. Even with not seeing displays of affection I still struggle with simply knowing. If I told someone I like to eat a dog crap sandwich once a week they would totally be grossed out knowing that and I wouldn’t blame them. To me two men being together isn’t much different but in our society it shouldn’t be and I shouldn’t feel that way. Well I can’t help it. I just can’t completely shut these thoughts and feelings out of mind. Over flamboyance in men also bothers me a great deal. Mainly because I never really had the patience for people who make a spectacle of themselves. To me it’s very narcissistic and abnormal behavior that I don’t have the time of day for. It’s not genuine it’s a act. So what am I to do ? In this day and age more attention is being given to these lifestyles than ever before and I have a few of the phobias everyone is shouting about. Am I a bad persons ? Do I deserve some sympathy for having to function in a society where my phobias are becoming more prevalent ?
Thoughts ?
bohunr likes this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter

Last edited by steelhead125; 08-12-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Frequent Contributor

I think your feelings are natural, literally. When something is at odds with the laws of nature....
bohunr and Woods walker like this.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:19 AM

But according to the left, YOUR phobias show your bigotry and you are a fascist hater that has no place in or society.

THEIR phobias about straight, white, Christian males that wear camo and drive pickup trucks are “justified”, again because they are considered fascist bigots.

Upside down and backwards.
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Frequent Contributor

So one day I am walking down the beach in San Juan and stop in at a nice beach bar. I order a beer and the bartender looks at me a little oddly when he brings it. I look around and the bar is full with zero women. Everyone is looking at me. I must have looked scared because one of them comes over and says don t worry we know your straight. They all went about there business which would have been typical for a singles bar with half of them women. So I stayed and finished my beer and watched. They were all having a good time and seemed happy and relaxed. I thought good for them and to each his own. There is not much to fear with them.

Except

One day at work by male boss made a pass at me which I forcefully rejected. He started bringing known gays into the department and one of them got promoted over me. The HR department took notice and the whole company soon realized what was going on. They were all gone within a year.

My take on this is there is not anything to justify a phobia but watch out for the politics. There is a reason they are mostly Democrat. Gay/straight discrimination cuts both ways.
bohunr likes this.

Last edited by rockyDD; 08-12-2019 at 10:58 AM.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
The Man

I am not really worried about unwanted advances itís just the fact I am not entirely comfortable around them and according to some in society that makes me a bad person. For all I know one of my kids could end up leading an alternative lifestyle and I wouldnít love them any less. I just have a phobia about the actual act and some of the flamboyant behavior. I am not comfortable around it.
bohunr likes this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:16 AM
The Man

You are over thinking this Steel. You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125 View Post
...I feel they should have the same rights as every American citizen and I would never wish them harm. I would also never be unkind to them if they were in my presence.
That is really the only thing that counts, your other feelings not withstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125 View Post
...it’s just the fact I am not entirely comfortable around them and according to some in society that makes me a bad person.
That doesn't make you a "bad person", it makes those that would feel that way about you intolerant (which is an ironic characteristic of the left in general).
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Frequent Contributor

I get very uncomfortable around gay democrats and it is not because they are gay.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Regular Visitor

Steelhead you are not alone. I have the same feelings. When I was growing up one of my second cousins always acted strange. We all knew he was gay but back then no one came out and said it. They called it being in the closet for a reason. I wish it stayed there. He is a relative but I never feel comfortable around him even today. Just knowing what he is doing just creeps me out. I guess that makes me a bad person too.
bohunr likes this.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck2012 View Post
Steelhead you are not alone. I have the same feelings. When I was growing up one of my second cousins always acted strange. We all knew he was gay but back then no one came out and said it. They called it being in the closet for a reason. I wish it stayed there. He is a relative but I never feel comfortable around him even today. Just knowing what he is doing just creeps me out. I guess that makes me a bad person too.
The thing is openly admitting our feelings makes some in that community totally irate . What are we supposed to do ? Fake it or get professional counseling ? I have enough on my plate these days. People are always screaming about these phobias but if I am keeping to myself and minding my own business who cares . I think itís the constant attention and focus on sexuality that really bugs me. I just donít want to know or have it be such a focal point in our everyday lives. With the election not too far away gay and transgender rights will once again be a major talking point and I am so tired of it.
bohunr likes this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyDD View Post
I get very uncomfortable around gay democrats and it is not because they are gay.
I get uncomfortable around democrats period, that is all I have to know not the trust them. I don't care what people do behind closed doors, I just don't want them throwing their perversion in my face like in the so-called gay pride parades and days.
coyotejohn and TEALHNTR like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page