So much winning - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 170Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
bucksnort1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Huntingdon Co, PA
Posts: 2,889
Back To Top
So much winning

Washington (CNN)The US budget deficit jumped 23.1% in the first nine months of the fiscal year compared with the same period a year ago, according to the US Treasury.

The deficit widened to $747.1 billion, versus $607 billion last year, from October through June. Federal spending rose to $3.36 trillion in that period, while revenue increased to $2.61 trillion -- both records.
The numbers, released Thursday in a monthly report from the Treasury, paint a darkening picture for the US budget as the federal government runs short on credit.
The US has not had borrowing power since March, when the congressionally mandated debt ceiling kicked in, and independent analysts suggest the government could run out of money by September unless Congress can agree to allow additional borrowing.
A number of factors are driving the deficit increase, including the $1.5 trillion tax cuts signed by President Donald Trump in 2017 along with a massive spending package.
The Trump administration is predicting that the budget deficit will likely exceed $1 trillion for the entire fiscal year, which ends on Sept. 30. That's up from $779 billion a year earlier.
That's much higher than forecasts by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which anticipates that the deficit for the year will reach $896 billion. It expects the deficits will rise above $1 trillion starting in 2022.
Part of the jump in receipts for the period came from a 78% rise in custom duties, which totaled $52 billion so far for the budget year. The Trump administration has slapped tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods, and it escalated those economic penalties from 10% to 25% in May after trade talks collapsed.
Loggy and SlickShot like this.
bucksnort1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:06 PM
Sage
 
Loggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: York Co.(Hunt Sullivan Co)
Posts: 22,187
Back To Top
Hey, Trump was the "self made genius" who sure managed to get his Atlantic City investments on the track for total financial collapse so why would he operate any differently with America's finances!! What a joke...which is now on us taxpayers.
SlickShot likes this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Loggy is offline  
post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
bucksnort1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Huntingdon Co, PA
Posts: 2,889
Back To Top
I'm out on layoff. Our biggest one in 3 years. I don't even get 100% because the unemployment office says they're low on money.
bucksnort1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: bedford,pa
Posts: 811
Back To Top
If you don't like that debt you really need to vote for a socialist

Open borders to all with full benefits
Free medicare for all with private purchase of health care plans illegal
Forgiveness of all student debt
Free college education for all
Higher corporate taxes in insure the companies leave the country
Start a two trillion dollar infrastructure package but this time actually build something with the money
Launch the new green deal package
Pay reparations to anyone that says the should have it

Maybe we can sell some more uranium to the Russians but this time put the money in the treasury instead of Hillary's pocket
bohunr, Dogface, DIYASUB and 4 others like this.
rockyDD is online now  
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
bucksnort1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Huntingdon Co, PA
Posts: 2,889
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyDD View Post
If you don't like that debt you really need to vote for a socialist

Open borders to all with full benefits
Free medicare for all with private purchase of health care plans illegal
Forgiveness of all student debt
Free college education for all
Higher corporate taxes in insure the companies leave the country
Start a two trillion dollar infrastructure package but this time actually build something with the money
Launch the new green deal package
Pay reparations to anyone that says the should have it

Maybe we can sell some more uranium to the Russians but this time put the money in the treasury instead of Hillary's pocket
Yawn....
bucksnort1 is online now  
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2,075
Back To Top
Hillary would have had us in the black already...
BUGLE BOY is offline  
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
bucksnort1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Huntingdon Co, PA
Posts: 2,889
Back To Top
(CNN)Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Friday issued a warning Friday that the US government is at risk of running out of cash sooner than expected.

In a letter to Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Mnuchin wrote that the US might default on its obligations as soon as early September, before Congress returns from its summer recess.
"Based on updated projections, there is a scenario in which we run of out cash in early September, before Congress reconvenes," Mnuchin wrote in a letter.
The federal government has not been able to borrow money since March, when congressionally-mandated borrowing limits went back into force. The US Treasury, which is facing a growing deficit thanks in part to President Donald Trump's 2017 tax cuts, had said it had enough cash to last until the fall.
Pelosi and Mnuchin have spoken three times this week in an effort to jumpstart stalled budget and debt ceiling negotiations, and multiple sources say the new default projections have provided an accelerant for those efforts.
Mnuchin and Pelosi are likely to speak again Friday. Pelosi told reporters that she has not yet read Mnuchin's letter to Capitol Hill but she knew it was coming.
In his letter, Mnuchin called on Congress to restore borrowing power by increasing the debt ceiling before Congress departs for its regular August recess.
bucksnort1 is online now  
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:33 PM
Administrator
 
DIYASUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NORTHERN NEW YORK STATE
Posts: 26,759
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1 View Post
Washington (CNN)The US budget deficit jumped 23.1% in the first nine months of the fiscal year compared with the same period a year ago, according to the US Treasury.

The deficit widened to $747.1 billion, versus $607 billion last year, from October through June. Federal spending rose to $3.36 trillion in that period, while revenue increased to $2.61 trillion -- both records.
The numbers, released Thursday in a monthly report from the Treasury, paint a darkening picture for the US budget as the federal government runs short on credit.
The US has not had borrowing power since March, when the congressionally mandated debt ceiling kicked in, and independent analysts suggest the government could run out of money by September unless Congress can agree to allow additional borrowing.
A number of factors are driving the deficit increase, including the $1.5 trillion tax cuts signed by President Donald Trump in 2017 along with a massive spending package.
The Trump administration is predicting that the budget deficit will likely exceed $1 trillion for the entire fiscal year, which ends on Sept. 30. That's up from $779 billion a year earlier.
That's much higher than forecasts by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which anticipates that the deficit for the year will reach $896 billion. It expects the deficits will rise above $1 trillion starting in 2022.
Part of the jump in receipts for the period came from a 78% rise in custom duties, which totaled $52 billion so far for the budget year. The Trump administration has slapped tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods, and it escalated those economic penalties from 10% to 25% in May after trade talks collapsed.
CNN= Bha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!

.
MAGA 2020
DIYASUB is online now  
post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Endless Mountains
Posts: 4,928
Back To Top
Bucksnort, you got laid off and cannot get full unemployment??? Something ain’t right there my friend .
SRA-5C+ likes this.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
25ftup is online now  
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: bedford,pa
Posts: 811
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1 View Post
I'm out on layoff. Our biggest one in 3 years. I don't even get 100% because the unemployment office says they're low on money.
If you work in a place that has that many layoffs maybe you should look for another job. There are a lot of them around these days and unemployment is low. Of course wages might might depressed in the computer industry because of all the Indians we have let in. General labor wages also are lot lower because of all the south americans we have let in. Maybe you can get a job with the DNC doing paperwork to get illegals registered to vote. Do you speak Spanish? That will be a growth industry for the next year or more.

If all else fails you can fly down to Tijuana and cross the border and ask for asylum. It pays pretty well in benefits.
bohunr, Dogface, SRA-5C+ and 2 others like this.
rockyDD is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome