Bad or Good Decision? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Angry Bad or Good Decision?

Let me start this off by saying I voted for President Trump and will vote for him again in 2020.

But he is starting to undermine my thoughts on his ability to make sound decisions.

Why announce a strike on Iran and than abort shortly before wheels up? Why even announce it in the first place, just gives the Iranian military time to prepare for it.

Why announce a round-up of illegals and then postpone it because the Dems requested it?

Your thoughts?

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take a ass whipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 01:25 PM

I really do not know why he does things the way he does. He has more information than we get, and I would believe that he most times takes the side of caution. He does this to better America. As long as the liberals are against him you know he is doing something right. His biggest problem is democrats and many republicans do not do anything to help him. I believe if turned loose with his ideas, things in the long run would a lot better for our country. His best ideas are hard to bring to reality because of the liberal resistance. Hard to get anything done when you have complete different views. You have Trump wanting to make and keep America great, and the liberals wanting to destroy America and anything good. I believe he has done a good job so far, with what he up against.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
In reference to the illegals, he's playing the dems like a fiddle, and they don't even realize it. They are going to get rounded up, either way. He's giving the dems a chance to help find a solution, but knows they will never discuss it with him.

As to calling off the strike. I didn't see it announced there was going to be a strike, just that it was called off. Which was the right call based on the intel that it was a local commander acting without authority from the Iranian leadership.
Dogface, pappybear, cspot and 1 others like this.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 02:35 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If Speaker Pelosi called the President Trump requesting time to fix the problem, by all means give her the opportunity. If she fails to act then the President Trump can do whatís necessary to resolve the problem. Unfortunately ICE canít count on the cooperation of Demonrat state and local governments to round up their future voting roles. The whole idea of Sanctuary States and Cities are the precise example of Obstruction. Officials who shelter or leak information pertaining to planned arrests should be held accountable for aiding and abetting.

I didnít hear anything about the mission against Iran from any MM until it was called off. As with most military responses, This plan was kept secret until 10 minutes before the first missile launch.

IMHO a correct response in both cases at this time.
Woods walker likes this.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 03:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Everything Trump does has a purpose.

Draw back on Iran strike...sent a message.

Postpone ICE actions....gave Dems a chance to help or show their true lack of character.

And even if I felt Trump was the biggest azz on the planet, name one Dem that has done anything but obstruct and name call.

He is a narcissistic jerk, but how can you argue with what he has done?
dce, loridr, bad primer and 2 others like this.

ďI prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,Ē
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 05:41 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Most of the illegals hundreds of thousands of them flowing over the border did not have the intentions to come here and be going home in 2 years.. The incentives are too good here free welfare,nice vehicles to drive and automatic US citizenship for their children... Thirteen states and DC are giving out driving licenses to them and some of them probably try to vote in the elections by using these licenses... There are TV ads and radio commercials and billboards in their native countries telling them America will take care of them....It is all stealing from the US taxpayer... We did not ask them to come here...I am seeing some of them driving brand new fancy vehicles Tahoes and Cadillacs and Mercedes.. They are living a better life here then us...
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:35 PM
Frequent Contributor

He is Trump and feels he can do what he wants. I still can't believe the last election had Hillary against Trump. Sad times we live in if all we have to choose from are those two.

A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:01 PM
Frequent Contributor

This article puts a different spin no what Trumps did in retaliation for the drone strikes. He set in motion an air strike and the Iranians were aware it was coming. Then he did a cyber attack that shut down all their air defense capability. He let them stew a while about being defenseless against the US airstrike before he called off the strike and increased the sanctions.

I think that is a lot more effective than the standard retaliatory air strike that can lead to escalation.

Doubt Donald Trump at your own risk.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48735097
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland Warrior View Post
He is Trump and feels he can do what he wants. I still can't believe the last election had Hillary against Trump. Sad times we live in if all we have to choose from are those two.
If you could not see the difference between Trump who actually cares abut the country and our liberty and Hillary who cares about Hillary and power, you do not deserve to vote!

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodland Warrior View Post
Whatís sad is the failure of some to realize that we needed someone as President who didnít care about political correctness or the way things have traditionally been done in Washington. Trump is that someone and has done more in 2.5 years to help the average US Citizen than most of those politicians could ever do.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page