How 'bout them Ravens? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

How 'bout them Ravens?

Glad all those Steeler fans had their cryin' towls out yesterday. One thing I noticed is that you can't stop Ray Lewis. Fly Ravens fly.

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Re: How 'bout them Ravens?

far as I can tell, both teams have the same record. And yes, it's hard to stop a man once he has beaten a murder charge.
post #3 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

glad the ravens beat them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Henry
far as I can tell, both teams have the same record. And yes, it's hard to stop a man once he has beaten a murder charge.
I was talking about the NFL football game that was played yesterday between the Ravens and Steelers. Whenever someone mentions the Ravens, you are the 1st one to jump in and start talking trash about Ray's past. What I was referring to was Lewis' performance yesterday ON the field. Like him or not, Ray is an amazing linebacker. What he can do at 35 years old is unreal. Did you see the diving interception at the end? If you feel compelled to continue to bash Ray Lewis, why don't you start your own "Let's bash Ray Lewis" thread. And since we are bashing other teams players...Big Ben + rapist = suspension.

post #5 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfb74
And since we are bashing other teams players...Big Ben + rapist = suspension.
Lewis was convicted of playing a role in covering up a brutal murder. He pled down to that, and stuck his friends with the rap to cover his own butt. Ben wasn't charged with anything. BIG difference.

Got a mug shot of Ben? Didn't think so. You guys should be so proud. You barely won a game in which the Steelers beat themselves and played with a 4th string QB, not to mention that Boldin should receive an Oscar for that acting job to buy a call on Harrison. Congrats, we will see you again in another Steeler home game in Baltimore.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #6 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan58
...we will see you again in another Steeler home game in Baltimore.
post #7 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan58
You barely won a game in which the Steelers beat themselves and played with a 4th string QB, not to mention that Boldin should receive an Oscar for that acting job to buy a call on Harrison.
According to the Steeler fans on this site, no one ever beats them...they always beat themselves. 4th string QB or not, if he is on an NFL roster, he is an NFL caliber quarterback. He might not be as good as Ben, but he is a professional none the less. Using that as an excuse is not good enough. No one said anything about him being a 4th string QB when you started out 3-0.

The Steelers stopped the Ravens on 4th and goal in the 4th quarter. That should have been enough to win the game. They Baltimore forced a punt and the offense took over. 50 yards for a TD. Where was the defense? The 4th string QB had nothing to do with that. He was on the sideline.

Accept you got beat and quit making excuses. Personally, I'll be ready to watch another great game between these two teams later this season.

post #8 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 PM

Personally i though the play calling on pittsburgh's last offensive series was just plain bad and predictable. Never mind the fact that Baltimore had no respect for the steeler's passing game thus making the run game ineffective.
The ravens have a very good defense but i am not sold on Flacco.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
post #9 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

So far, Flacco hasn't been the QB that he was last year. That is surprising since he has so many more weapons to throw to. I hope he turns it on here in the next few weeks. Although, we did win a Super Bowl with a less than average QB in Trent Dilfer. Defense wins championships.

post #10 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfb74
So far, Flacco hasn't been the QB that he was last year.
I agree. I think he's thrown over half as many interceptions in 4 games than he did all season. Steelers flat out should have won that game but when your kicker misses two field goals and your D back is too busy picking up his jock to cover the reciever, those things tend to work against you. But, I'll take 3-1 without our starting QB anyday. Charlie Batch is no Roethlisberger but you have to play with the people available at the time. The ratbirds own the bragging rights until December so "crow" away.

On a side note, before you keep accusing Roethlisberger of raping anyone, I would suggest you go online and read over the investigative reports and view all the video taped interviews concerning that debacle in Georgia. I think if you do so objectively, it will be plain to you why he wasn't charged with a crime. There is a reason the prosecutor made them all avbailable for public viewing. Or, you can keep hurling unfounded insults. Matters not to me.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page