How 'bout them Ravens? - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Re: How 'bout them Ravens?

I guess that means there are at least 3 of us who can celebrate our team winning.

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppy
Now Steelerfan, I see you're breaking your own rules of "stay in your own thread" jargon.
Not really, considering that one of the 3 Raven fans showed up in page 2 of our thread. And our thread does not start out insulting Raven, or any other teams, fans. If you notice, I think I've avoided the Eagle thread, and will avoid the Flyer thread unless you boys cannot give us the same courtesy.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #23 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfb74
I guess that means there are at least 3 of us who can celebrate our team winning.
Yup--this week. How is that one lonely Lombardi doing, anyway? Our 6 are doing quite well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Whenever someone mentions the Ravens, you are the 1st one to jump in and start talking trash about Ray's past.
Lighten up and relax!! If you were paying attention, you would know that I actually have the Baltimore defense on my Fantasy team. I know they are a good defense.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to bash them when I can.
post #25 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppy
Now Steelerfan, I see you're breaking your own rules of "stay in your own thread" jargon.
Not really, considering that one of the 3 Raven fans showed up in page 2 of our thread. And our thread does not start out insulting Raven, or any other teams, fans. If you notice, I think I've avoided the Eagle thread, and will avoid the Flyer thread unless you boys cannot give us the same courtesy.
Yeah, ok!!

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
post #26 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Glad all those Steeler fans had their cryin' towls out yesterday. One thing I noticed is that you can't stop Ray Lewis. Fly Ravens fly.
yes a great job barely beating a team starting their 4th string QB. thats a great team you got there.

take a kid hunting and fishing it will keep them out of trouble
post #27 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand91
Quote:
Glad all those Steeler fans had their cryin' towls out yesterday. One thing I noticed is that you can't stop Ray Lewis. Fly Ravens fly.
yes a great job barely beating a team starting their 4th string QB. thats a great team you got there.
That 4th string QB didn't give up the 17 points did he? In the game I was watching, that same 4th string QB was on the sidelines when Flacco threw that game winning TD pass.

9 times out of 10, when the Ravens score 17 points or more, they are going to win. Their defense is just too good to try and outscore them.

post #28 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan58
Quote:
Yup--this week. How is that one lonely Lombardi doing, anyway? Our 6 are doing quite well.
The Ravens were founded in 1996 and the Steelers in 1933. Thats almost 6 times as long. The Steelers have 6 rings and the Ravens have one. Thats right on track by my calculations.

post #29 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Ravens were founded in 1996 and the Steelers in 1933. Thats almost 6 times as long. The Steelers have 6 rings and the Ravens have one. Thats right on track by my calculations.
14 years vs. 77 years, so 5.5 to be exact! You're pretty good with the numbers.

Now tell me, if you include every Baltimore team while they played in Baltimore (Colts, Browns, Ravens), vs. the Steelers, what do the numbers look like?

I'm thinking Pittsburgh is a better football town than Baltimore, hands down!!
post #30 of 196 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Henry
Quote:
14 years vs. 77 years, so 5.5 to be exact! You're pretty good with the numbers.

Now tell me, if you include every Baltimore team while they played in Baltimore (Colts, Browns, Ravens), vs. the Steelers, what do the numbers look like?

I'm thinking Pittsburgh is a better football town than Baltimore, hands down!!
How conveniently he forgets that the Ravens were an expansion team in name only. They were taken from VERY good, supportive fans in Cleveland in 1996, which is where they were founded in 1946, a mere 13 years after the Steelers. The difference is that the Steelers have been successful in the SB era, where as the Brown Ravens have been hapless with the exception of one season. Tagliabue decided that it was just plain wrong to steal a team from fans who adored it, and more or less made Modell change the team name and colors. It's no different than when the Oilers moved to Tennessee, except that they did not have anywhere near the fan support in Houston that the Browns had in Cleveland.

You do realize that, right? Or were the Ravens in Baltimore prior to your birth?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page