Philadelphia Eagles 2013 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 274 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Philadelphia Eagles 2013

Jeremy Maclin tore his ACL in a non contact injury today. See you next year JM.

Itís funny until somebody gets hurt, then itís hilarious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 274 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 11:44 PM

Re: Philadelphia Eagles 2013

I just put this up but saw you beat me you city rat so I took it down.

Maclin is a good kid and this is definitely going to hurt him in his paycheck next season. This was his final year on his rookie contract and IF he is able to make it back 100% the Eagles will take millions off their offer.

Riley Cooper as a 15th round pick can't be expected to fill in for a whole season for the #1 pick Maclin, not a good fit at all.

Hey maybe there is a way Vick will be playing with the first team after all.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
post #3 of 274 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If they play Cooper a lot, he will be out within the first half of the season, he goes across the middle a lot, and will catch up with him I think. I like Cooper a ton, has a lot of heart, but Maclin always seemed to step up when we needed it, he'll be missed this season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 274 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:02 PM

Looks like people are really upset with Riley Cooper in Philly.
Letís face it , itís not the most PC thing to say but to hear he was fined, and people still want him banned from football is ridiculous
Its OK for the black athletes to smack their girlfriends around, be involved in murders and have drug charges against them but letís crucify the drunken white boy that was caught up in a redneck moment for his poor choice of words.
If he did this during a game to an fan, while he was in uniform then I would expect the team and league to fine him since he represented the administration and NFL but on this night he was just like the rest of the paying customers at the concert, and I am sure that was not the worst thing that happened that night but it sure is the thing getting the most news coverage.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
post #5 of 274 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Way blown up, took up the first 8 minutes of the news last night!!!! Then they had a 1 minute thing about how many got murdered yesterday. I'm thinking I can take people calling me names, NO MATTER WHAT WORDS THEY USE, but getting murdered, is pretty permanent. Todays society, elected officials, and the media, have got their priorities all screwed up. Lets ask the parents or children of the man shot that night, if they really care if Cooper called someone the N word, or the father of the girl killed by a drunk driver, If they would trade getting called the N word every day for the rest of their life, if it would bring their daughter back...Stupidity is all it is. Riley was stupid for saying it, and the organization, city, fans, and the media are stupid for making a big deal about it. Especially in a city that has much bigger problems than that.
post #6 of 274 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 PM

Not much crying after John Street was elected and through his jubilation he shouted out how "the brothers are running the city" Now if that can't be interpreted as racist what is?
A fine and community service for running his mouth.....get real.

post #7 of 274 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Sage

The actual quote from Street was....

Quote:
"Let me tell you: The brothers and sisters are running the city. ... Don't you let nobody fool you; we are in charge of the City of Brotherly Love."
He apologized and IIRC that was the end of it.

That is how it should be with Cooper, he said he was sorry and that should be the end of it.

post #8 of 274 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Sage

I was listening to Anthony Gargano on WIP Radio today and it was his opinion that the Eagles will release Riley Cooper. Gargano said that Chip Kelly called Tony Dungy for his advise on how to handle the situation and Dungy told him to follow his instincts.

Stay tuned.

post #9 of 274 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 AM

News report I heard over the weekend is Cooper told the Eagles about the incident after he started receiving death threats over Twitter and then NFL security got involved.
Like I said before news of the altercation was held back to a time it would generate more media attention.

Riley needs to grow up and realize he is held to a higher standard, but he also needs to stand up for himself.
Another case where a video shows up with a strictly one dimensional view of the whole picture.

post #10 of 274 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Riley needs to grow up and realize he is held to a higher standard, but he also needs to stand up for himself.
Another case where a video shows up with a strictly one dimensional view of the whole picture.
I agree.

I didn't see or hear what triggered the whole situation. Cooper just wants it all to go away and unfortunately for him, that ain't happening.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page