Hawks Vs Bruins - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Hawks Vs Bruins

Anybody watch that game last night. In the words of Mike Lange "shame on you for 6 weeks" if you missed it. I did miss it, but watched the recap it looked like a great game ending in triple OT. Should be a great series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Hawks Vs Bruins

Watched most of the original game, couldn't make it past the 1st OT. Was a pretty good game. Which it should be right? Supposedly the two best teams in the league. Get your hockey fix now boys, it's almost over...
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 04:03 PM

The Pens look like a Triple AAA team compared to these 2 teams-Makes me

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Watched until the end of the first OT -- The Hawks seemed to have monentum in the 3rd -- Bruins had some mad scrambles in front of Crawford during the OT just couldn't slap it home..... No shame for either team

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 06:16 PM

I watched about 4 and a half periods. The first OT was intense.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I went to bed after the 2nd OT. The Bruins played exactly like they played against the Pens and it worked to a charm for the first 2 periods. Then the Bruins collapsed on themselves and let the Hawks right back in it. Will the Bruins fold after having this game in the bag and then losing like they did? That has to hurt.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Sage

Last nights game was the highest rated game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals in 16 years.

Quote:
The Chicago Blackhawks beat the Boston Bruins 4-3 last night in triple overtime in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals, but it was NBC who really scored. Going from 8 PM-1:06 AM ET, the game drew a 4.8 overnight rating, which is up 100% from the 2.4 overnight rating of last year’s Game 1 between the LA Kings and New Jersey Devils. Wednesday’s result was also the best overnight rating for an Stanley Cup Final Game 1 since the Detroit Red Wings and Philadelphia Flyers in 1997, which drew a 5.2 overnight rating on Fox. Up 140% from the fast nationals 1.0/3 of last year’s Game 1, preliminary ratings have Wednesday’s game between two of the league’s Original Six garnering 2.4/7 among Adults 18-49. The game was watched by 6.42 million viewers overall based on time slots across the country. As is typical with live events like sports, those results will likely be adjusted in the final numbers later today. NBC topped the night among Adults 18-49 with encore heavy CBS No. 1 in total viewers.
Source

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Either way, a kid from Pittsburgh gets his name on the cup. Having said that, I hope the Bruins win. I still hate Hossa!

Where have you been?
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 12:23 AM

Only made it to the end of the first OT. Was great watching hockey OT without a vested interest.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 01:50 AM
The Man

I too only made it only thru the first OT.I too don,t want to root for Hossa but don,t want the Bruins to win either.The Hawks are the lessor of 2 evils for me.Awesome hockey that I don,t think any other team could compete against.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page