The OFFICIAL STEELERS 2010 Get'er Done thread!!! - Page 51 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #501 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Sage

Re: The OFFICIAL STEELERS 2010 Get'er Done thread!!!

No problem Bucket.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #502 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 12:24 PM

Did someone say my name...

Why do they call it common sense when it is so rare.
post #503 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned

It just doesn't seem like a Friday with out a Steeler Game to be excited for this weekend. I hate the Bye Week!!

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #000000">GO STEELERS!!!!!!</span></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #504 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm putting a roof on my buddies garage on Sunday....would be nice to listen to the game while we're working though!

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #505 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I still have the last steelers superbowl saved on my DVR so I can watch it whenever, the wife yells at me that I have the DVD, she doesn't understand that it's the original uncut version, women. GO STEELERS!!!!

Molon Labe
post #506 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 AM

Word is the Clowns may start Colt McCoy against the Steelers Sunday. Oh that poor boy! But, the Clowns did sign Ratliff from the Pat's practice squad. So he may end up being the sacrificial lamb. Regardless, time to put a hurtin on Cleveland!

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #507 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 11:26 AM

Wow--it's always fun when a rookie makes his first start against Dick Lebeau. He'll be wishing he was back in the soft as kitty fur Big 12 after 2 series.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #508 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 PM

Since we're talking about rookie QB's who have the misfortume of their first start being against the Steelers, I came across this gem from another rookie QB who had the misfortune to have his first start be against the Steelers...

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

post #509 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead
Since we're talking about rookie QB's who have the misfortume of their first start being against the Steelers, I came across this gem from another rookie QB who had the misfortune to have his first start be against the Steelers...

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

I wasn't around for the Lambert days (well I was 3 when he retired) but it doesn't seem like QBs talk about defensive players like that anymore.

There are some excellent defensive players out there but you don't hear people talking about them like that.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #510 of 1851 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods
I wasn't around for the Lambert days (well I was 3 when he retired)
I had the fortune of watching him play for a good many years. In 9th grade, I was the starting Middle Linebacker and I wore #58. I even considered knocking out my own front teeth to be more like him. When I got to varsity, I was moved to the D line but still tried to emulate him in every way possible. I even spent a whole practice running laps because I lambasted the third string QB. Well, not actually for that but the QB coach always picked a youngster to "mentor". The young kid got a little big headed over the fact the coach doted on him and started talking some smack, thinking he was beyond reproach. So, I decided he needed to learn his place (practice scrub) and I leveled him. Coach threw a hissy fit (I found out years later "hissy fit" best described this coach's persuation. The whole doting thing makes sense now) and I uttered the famous Jack Lambert quote "If you don't want him hit, put a dress on him" Worth every lap I had to run to see that coach jack hammer like he did. The kid actually turned out to be alright after that. They don't make them like Jack any more!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page