Eagles, QB Vick Agree to Restructured Deal - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Eagles, QB Vick Agree to Restructured Deal

<span style="font-size: 14pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> Eagles, QB Vick Agree to Restructured Deal
</span> </span>

By <span style="font-weight: bold">ROB MAADDI</span> AP Pro Football Writer
PHILADELPHIA February 11, 2013 (AP)

Quarterback Michael Vick, who was slated to earn $16 million next season, has agreed to a restructured deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Vick, who was injured and inconsistent last season, eventually giving way to rookie Nick Foles, now has a three-year contract, and will compete with Foles to see who runs new coach Chip Kelly's offense this season.

Vick, who returned to start the season finale vs. the New York Giants in December because Foles was injured, finished the season with 2,362 yards passing, 12 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. The Eagles finished 4-12 and in last place in the NFC East.

Andy Reid was fired as coach the day after the season ended, and Kelly was hired last month. Vick, who will be 33 when next season begins, is still elusive when healthy, and seems equipped to run Kelly's aggressive, up-tempo offense that he is bringing to the Eagles from Oregon.

Either way, Kelly was noncommittal at his opening press conference on Jan. 17 on the quarterback situation.

"I'm going to look at everybody," he said. "If you can throw the ball and run, I'm going to take you out there. We're going to look at everything we can do to put the best product on the field and that's what it's all about. I've followed Michael's career and I understand what a talent he is. But there is nothing that's on the board right now, there's nothing that's off the board right now.

Vick was signed by Philadelphia in 2009, and became the starter in 2010. He led the Eagles that season to an NFC East title, and a memorable 38-31 December win over the Giants in which he rallied the team from a 21-point deficit.

"Our sole focus and goal is that we're going to put an offense on the field that's going to score points," Kelly said. "That's basically what we're going to do and whoever that is, I don't know that. There's nobody ruled in, there's nobody ruled out."

All told, Vick has started 35 games for Philadelphia over the last three seasons. Foles has started six. The Eagles scored just 280 points last season as they endured an eight- and a three-game losing streak. Only Arizona (250) scored fewer in the NFC.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Eagles, QB Vick Agree to Restructured Deal

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Sage

Settled for 10 mil instead of 17 mil,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Sage

Still not bad payday. They may have signed him to trade him. Wouldn't surprise me.

Eagles can't lose on the deal. They either have a starting NFL QB or a draft pick or two.

Its funny until somebody gets hurt, then its hilarious
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:51 PM

The honey-moon is fracking OVER! Never have my hopes for a coach been so hideously and cruely ground to a slimy mess than with this decission to keep Vick. At the Wing Bowl I was prepared to follow Kelly anywhere but now that he has commited suicide I surrender. I will, from hence forward, be a fan of the Steelers and the Redskins.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Disappointed with his choice in coaching staff but his keeping Vick was no surprise. Both Foles and Edwards are locked in for the season so this move saves cap room and they still can cut or trade Vick at anytime.

Since they already expect the Eagles to use their #4 overall pick for a big O lineman if the rest of the starting line return and stays healthy you will see a different team.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:41 PM

Birch, I can only hope you are right on this.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Frequent Contributor

I thought I heard Dennis Dickson was an Eagle now??
Wasn't he a QB under new head coach?
I thought he was pretty good during his tour w Steelers
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 01:08 AM
The Man

what? then u never really were a fan.

to ME.....He gets a free pass this yr. 1-15 whatever. He'll have to adjust to the pros. JJ was 1-15 his first yr. Then multiple Bowls.

Be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsdad
The honey-moon is fracking OVER! Never have my hopes for a coach been so hideously and cruely ground to a slimy mess than with this decission to keep Vick. At the Wing Bowl I was prepared to follow Kelly anywhere but now that he has commited suicide I surrender. I will, from hence forward, be a fan of the Steelers and the Redskins.

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilcrk
I thought I heard Dennis Dickson was an Eagle now??
Wasn't he a QB under new head coach?
I thought he was pretty good during his tour w Steelers
35/59, 402 yards, 71.4 rating, 1 td, 2 INT, 1-2 as a starter. No, he was not good. There is a reason he couldn't beat out a china doll and a social security recipient.

Were not going to apologize for caring. Were not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page