Andy Reid's son has passed - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Andy Reid's son has passed

6ABC news in Philly is reporting that Andy Reid's son Garrett Reid was found dead in his dorm at Lehigh University.

No cause of death has been reported.

Itís funny until somebody gets hurt, then itís hilarious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Re: Andy Reid's son has passed

From the Eagles website.

Quote:
Garrett Reid, 29, Found Dead

Posted 39 minutes ago

By PhiladelphiaEagles.com

General manager Howie Roseman informed the media following this morning's walkthrough that Garrett Reid, the oldest son of head coach Andy Reid, was found dead Sunday morning at Lehigh. Here is the full transcription of that announcement.

Roseman: "I have some heartbreaking news to share with you all. It is with great sadness that I tell you that Garrett Reid, the oldest son of coach Reid, was found dead this morning in his room here in training camp. It is a tough morning for all of us in the Eagles family. Garrett grew up with this team, and that makes this news even harder for us to process. Our hearts go out to Andy, Tammy, Britt, Spencer, Crosby and Drew Ann. Coach has spent the morning informing his family. We ask sincerely that you respect the family's privacy during this time. The team has been informed of this news, as have Jeffrey and Christina. The chief will speak to you in a minute about what is known about this event. From a football perspective, I can tell you that Andy has asked that we go forward with training camp. I'm going to turn it over to chief Shupp in a minute. On a personal note, we've been with Andy for a long time. He's always been strong for us, we're going to be strong for him right now. As a father and a friend, we're all hurting. Thank you."

Lehigh University chief of police Ed Shupp: "This morning at approximately 7:20 AM an officer received a 9-1-1 call. Unresponsive male at the Sayre Park dormitories. Upon arrival, it was observed attempts were made to revive the individual; they were unsuccessful. The individual, Garrett Reid, was deceased upon the officerís arrival. There were no suspicious activities. At this time, however, I'll turn it over to the coroner, who will be handling that part of the investigation."

Coroner Zachary Lysek: "This morning we were contacted by the Lehigh campus police department requested to respond to the discovery of a deceased male. We are conducting an investigation with the cooperation of the Lehigh campus police department. I personally pronounced Mr. Reid deceased at the scene. The investigation will be ongoing. At this time, it will be pending the completion of the investigation."

The Eagles then released a statement:

The Philadelphia Eagles are sad to announce that Garrett Reid, the oldest son of head coach Andy Reid, has died. Garrett Reid, 29, had been attending Eagles training camp with his father and was found in his room this morning. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Juan Castillo oversaw the teamís walk-through this morning, and will oversee the team until Reidís return.

ďThis news is heartbreaking for everyone in the Eagles family. Our hearts go out to Andy, his wife, Tammy, and their children,Ē said Eagles Chairman/CEO Jeffrey Lurie.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 03:25 PM

Meth Head thats usually how it ends up.

Let the hammer down easy...don't jar it.
Henned Talker Pro Staff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 03:30 PM

That would be the most likely cause but let's let the corroner do his job and then make an official announcement. For all any of us know he beat the junk and his death was due to other causes.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Sage

There's a few ways to comment on this subject. Some choose to be nasty. Some don't.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 PM
The Man

Such a waste... Brings to mind the line from A Bronx Tale: "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent."

Not sure what talent he had, but he sure had a lot more opportunity than a heck of a lot of other kids. Just a very sad situation, and I can't imagine (nor do I ever want to know) what the Reid family is going through right now.

Hopefully it serves as an example for his other kids.

Live, Love, Laugh.

If that don't work...

Raise, Aim and Fire. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/uzi.gif[/img]
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 01:29 AM

I pray every day my son keeps his head out of his posterior and stays away from drugs.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Sage

Too bad, the family is saying it is drug related, but the toxicology report should determine if that be the case....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 PM

He had a long history of heroin and opiate addiction so my guess would be it was drug related.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page