Will The Steelers Git Er Done in 2012? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Will The Steelers Git Er Done in 2012?

Let the good times roll men!!

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Re: Will The Steelers Git Er Done in 2012?

Dear Wallace, there is not a franchise in the NFL that plays this game of your's better than the Steelers. Far better players (Ward and Franco) have tried this, with no success. You will lose. Get to camp, your contract will not be helped if you hold out.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #3 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 04:40 PM

I'm as giddy as, well, the guys from the Pens locker room know, that training camp has finally gotten started! At least the Bucs have given me something to be partially distracted about while waiting for the eternity that is the end of hockey season to the beginning of football season. I'm getting meaninful updates on my phone about the Steelers and getting excited about the upcoming season. I'm anxious to see DeCastro in action and how well he and Pouncey work together. I'm also eager to see what if any change comes with the offensive scheme in general. And you got to love Keisel showing up at camp in a big, honking tractor. So many good prospects, such high expectations! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

And I agree, get your butt to camp, Wallace. You ain't that special.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 05:32 PM

Ok, so he can run like the wind. So can hundreds of others in this day and age. And he now thinks he's the greatest thing since..... ???? I'm done with him. Can care less if he signs at this point. I say take the money they WOULD HAVE spent on him next year, and make a splash for a big, tall, talented receiver. They're out there somewhere. The punk can take his mouth, attitude, and speed to some other team that may appreciate it.

My guess is that the Jets have had their fill of Santonio and his big yap. Live and learn boys. The Steelers do it one way, get on board with it, or take a hike.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #5 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 AM

That's funny, they just gave wallaces money to Antonio Brown. 42 million over the next 6 years. Later Mike.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
post #6 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz
That's funny, they just gave wallaces money to Antonio Brown. 42 million over the next 6 years. Later Mike.
Great move by the Steelers. It locks up AB for the rest of Ben's career (possibly). From what I saw, it's pretty cap friendly. And says to MW, we can do this with or without you. If Ed Bouchette is correct, and Wallace is calling the shots (contrary to a report I read a couple weeks ago). His agent Buzz Cook may drop him before this is all over. Wallace has no options - he never really did after the FA period IMO. But, now he has to show up to camp (insert tail between legs). And, if he gets to sign a new deal with the Black and Gold, it'll most likely be at their terms.

From a "business perspective", Wallace would be nuts to show up at camp right now. Some freak injury, and his big pay day could be gone forever. He'll wait a couple more weeks, and come in like it's all part of his plan. It now appears, that Wallace will have to sign the tender and play like a mad man for a big FA contract in 2013.

“did you get all that on camera sport?”
post #7 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 03:30 PM

I'm cracking up over that Antonio Brown Deal. It's a big old #1 finger sign to Mike Wallace. Of all the jokers that have tried this he is in the WORST spot and just killing himself. I actaully think he's done already as a steeler. He's totally replacable, everybody in the fan base hates him now, and his bosses clearly dont even take him seriously. I honestly dont think anyone really cares. I doubt the Steelers will win one single extra game with or without him there. He's completely replacable and thats not a good spot to be in.
post #8 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 04:10 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout 2003
I'm cracking up over that Antonio Brown Deal. It's a big old #1 finger sign to Mike Wallace. Of all the jokers that have tried this he is in the WORST spot and just killing himself. I actaully think he's done already as a steeler. He's totally replacable, everybody in the fan base hates him now, and his bosses clearly dont even take him seriously. I honestly dont think anyone really cares. I doubt the Steelers will win one single extra game with or without him there. He's completely replacable and thats not a good spot to be in.
I agree, I mean I like the guy, but I dont think he is as big of a deal as a lot of people (including himself, make him out to be). He obviously has some kind of issues in his mind, when he is totally off of the reservation, and not following his agents advice........I am glad they gave Brown] an extension, I personally think he is better anyways........all MW is doing is dropping the price of his stock, rapidly....

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #9 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I here they are actually going to be using a fullback this year! That was enough to make me smile.

Where have you been?
post #10 of 1659 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 10:08 PM

Amen brother!!

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page