ufc vrs boxing - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

ufc vrs boxing

which one do you watch and why? i'm 45 and prefer boxing and do believe its making a "comeback" for telivised coverage. somehow i never got into the ultimate fighting. guess i associate it with pro wrestling somehow

if you bought it, a trucker brought it
2F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:57 AM

Re: ufc vrs boxing

Have to agree....UFC is useless to me and gives a bad message to our youth. Try pulling that junk in the street and your butt would end up in jail for assault or attempted murder.
Boxing required skill and is a recognized Olympic event where UFC reminds me of some bar brawls I saw in the Navy.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

i love grabing a 6 pack and watching a good middleweight fight. the ufc went to the reality show thing and completely lost any intrest i might give them

if you bought it, a trucker brought it
2F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 03:19 AM
Sage

I like both... But prefer boxing if I had to choose. I watched that Mayweather fight on PPV a couple weeks ago. Really like the middleweights. They are fast, quick on their feet, don't hang all over each other and their stamina and endurance is off the charts.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I grew up on boxing, but then lost some interest as there just aren't as many good boxers anymore. Mayweather and Pacquio are pretty good but it seems like alot of excuses when they were supposed to fight. UFC has come a along way with there rules and judging to make it more of a legitamate sport. They have alot of up and coming fighters and more action packed fights. Not to mention I've always been interested in the martial arts so getting to see a sport where they can kick or do submission I find interesting. Though I would like to see better boxing skills from alot of the MMA fighters. JMO but I think time may have passed boxing by. The fights on fridays and saturdays used to be a big thing, no so much anymore. UFC cleans up with there pay-per-views. I would love to see George St. Pierre get healthy and fight in a superfight against Anderson Silva.

Molon Labe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 04:13 PM
RIZ
Diehard Outdoorsman

i prefer UFC. boxing is a made up fight. who acrually would only throw punches in a real fight. it's been proven many times ina reel fight UFC fighters beat boxers. that's not to say boxing skills are not essential to UFC but it is only 1 skill set a UFC fighter needs to be in the sport. as for being compared to WWF or what ever they call it now, it is not even close. UFC is fighting plain and simple with eal punches, kicks, elbows and blood. and the fighters don't fight the next week without a mark on them. get educated about UFC its real.

RIZ
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 02:05 AM
atr
Banned

I enjoyed boxing back in the days of Hagler,leonard,Hearns,Duran,Benitez,Larry Holmes,Weaver, later on tyson but later i started renting vhs tapes of Royce Gracie MMA stuff before the average person even knew what it was, before Dana White took over.
I prefer UFC but if i see a good boxing matchup i will watch it, getting alittle tired of waiting on Mayweather/Pacquiao

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page