Have at it !! (Millbury) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Have at it !! (Millbury)

Quote:
“It’s not totally uncommon,” Millbury said of Laviolette’s behavior at the end of the game. “I can remember being on such a perch, or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. And I thought Dan Blysma should have taken off his skirt and gone over there,” he said.

One of the instigators of the fight was the Penguins’ Sidney Crosby. “Little goody two shoes [Crosby] goes into the corner and gives a shot to Schenn. Schenn was late to the party, he should have turned around and drilled him right away, but I guess better late than never,” Milbury said. “So you know, Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop. He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, ‘I’m not going to do this anymore, I’m not going to get into this scrums, I’m going to stay away from that stuff.’ He couldn’t help himself because there’s a little punk in Crosby. He’s not the perfect gentleman. He’s not the sweet kid you see in interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I’d say screw him, hit him,” he said.
This is all I'll say about Millbury

Quote:
WCVB TV in Boston reported Friday that NBC and CBC hockey analyst Mike Milbury has been charged with allegedly assaulting a child at a local hockey rink last week.

According to WCVB, Milbury is an assistant coach for a youth team in Brookline, Mass., and the 12-year-old alleged victim is a player from another team in the league.

Those who give up liberty in exchange for security will gain neither and lose both-Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 06:24 PM
RB
Sage

Re: Have at it !! (Millbury)

I don't like Millberry AT ALL...but...I don't like the Crosby effect on the Pens much either. So I'll just zip it, cause there is nothing nice I can say about anyone in this topic.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 PM
The Man

Jeez Louise... I think he's a goof... But why doesn't anyone say "beat up a little kid".

Assault sounds... Creepy.

In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
<span style="font-style: italic">ixnay on #11534</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erschiessen
Jeez Louise... I think he's a goof... But why doesn't anyone say "beat up a little kid".

Assault sounds... Creepy.
I have to admit i laughed

Those who give up liberty in exchange for security will gain neither and lose both-Benjamin Franklin
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Banned

Just to make things clear, those charges were dropped against Milbury.

I have to laugh at goofs like him though. Yes, the same guy who once climbed into the stands and proceeded to beat a fan with his own shoe.

Let us go back to the last game shall we? Pens go up early. Letang takes the puck down the boards and gets his head nearly ripped off as Hartnell gives him two gloves to the face. Letang circles back out of the zone and then steps up to level Jagr coming through the neutral zone withe a beautiful, clean check. Instantly Hartnell and Rinaldo go after Letang. Letang simply tries to defend himself, Hartnell loses balance and HIS stick whacks Rinaldo in the face. Both Hartnell AND Letang get penalties. Letang's is --. After the Pens go up two, Scottie decides to go ape at center ice after the whistle, throwing punches wildly at every Pen and everything on the ice. Kunitz grabs him and grinds his mop head right into the ice. But Scottie comes up grinning because he knew that he had already taken the Pens off their game. Late in the game when it was tied, Letang skates across the blueline and takes a shot. Immediately after taking it, Coburn gives him a gloved punch directly in the chops. Letang then slams Coburn's stick down with a cross check, visibly upset after taking ANOTHER shot to the head after just getting back from a concussion. Coburn fires back with a few more gloved punches to the face and once again, both he and Letang receive penalties. So Letang has to put up with guys gunning for his head all game and when he defends himself, HE gets a penalty too. Let's rewind even further and take a look at the Rinaldo elbow that ended Bortuzzo's season. And the Pens aren't supposed to remember all that???

So we get to this game and the antics keep up. Vicious slashes from both sides with the refs not calling it. Crosby gets his stick whacked out of his hands twice and there was no call. Sid slashes back and there is no call. Dirty stuff going on everywhere on the ice and the refs let it slide. Finally it boils over when Crosby gives Schenn a shot and Schenn cross checks him back. Sure, Milbury and Flyer boys will claim that it is an eye for and eye but it is hardly that. Anyway Crosby and Schenn yap along with the rest of the Flyers bench and on it goes. Then Vitale levels Briere with yet ANOTHER clean open ice hit and the Flyers spaz out. Every Flyer on the ice attacks a Pen and the fists start flying. Laviolette freaks out and breaks a stick against the glass, sending a piece of it into the Penguins bench. A war of words ensues between Lavs and Granato. Meanwhile, Rinaldo starts running his yap and Asham says let's dance but the refs say no. Of course afterword, Lavs claims that it was "gutless" of Bylsma to ice his 4th line and guys like Milbury are quick to jump on the "Crosby is a dirty, whining, baby bandwagon.

It is a joke is what it is. The captain of his team, Crosby decided that if the refs weren't going to call the game then he would take matters in to his own hands. Of course, as always, Flyers love to dish out cheap shots yet when they get clean hits leveled against their players they freak out.

Keep on keeping on Philly and keep on piling the Pens hate on Milbury!!!
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Sage

So if they pigeons are leading by 3 with 2 minutes to play Saturday and the Flyers send out their fourth line looking for Crosby and Malkin you'll have zero issues with that?

Who doesn't love this stuff? Really... C'mon, it's setting up for a great first rounder. It's a shame it's the first round though actually. One of these teams will not go any further and it's a shame because they are both playing like two of the best in the east right now.

Anyway, I love this time of year. I could sit here and whine and moan about this that and the other thing, but it's just not what I'm into while getting ready for the best sports playoffs in North America.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Frequent Contributor

I'm with Peppy. Bring on the playoffs. But Milbury is a sad excuse for an analyst and as always there is a reason he is broadcasting and not behind an NHL bench or in a front office.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Banned

Trust me, if the Pens were up by three with just under two minutes to go, Malkin and Crosby would not be on the ice in a chippy game such as that.

Be mad at Lavs if you want for putting Briere out there.

The Flyers have been asking for this all season. It has been building and building and then one of their players gets hit with a massive, clean hit and they decide to start a dust up. Only problem was that they were taken to the cleaners which is probably another reason why Lavs was so upset.

The code is different in hockey. When one team puts guys out there to go after the others' stars, the answer isn't to go after the agitators, it is to go after THAT team's star players. Schenn drops Crosby, Vitale drops Briere. Only difference is that Crosby is 10 times the player that Danny is.

BTW, Danny's no saint either. I think we all remember the playoff series several years ago when Briere lost his cool with Orpik and he bloodied Orpik with a cheap shot.

At this point I just laugh at all the Flyer fans WHINING about Crosby and Malkin "getting away with" all their "dirty" plays while the poor Flyers get called all the time.

They love to focus on Malkin's flying elbow at Giroux earlier in the year but nobody wants to pay attention to what Claude the Fraud did to initiate it. HE was the one who gave Malkin a Paul Bunyanesque, two handed slash right across Geno's wrists and then threw an elbow at him, all in the same sequence. But they want to overlook that and just focus on the "dirty" Malkin. Everything is "fair play" in their minds and "what goes around, comes around" except when it comes around on their players.

Players don't forget what goes on out there and they take names for future matchups. A lot of that stuff goes unnoticed by the fans because all of that behind the play stuff rarely gets shown again on TV, but the players and the coaches see it and remember it. Even stuff for seasons past rears its ugly head such as Scottie biting Letang's finger and so on...

Bring it on Philly. If the Pens don't clean up their mistakes, you guys will run away with the series but if this is the way that you want to play, then you will be an awfully sore bunch heading into the second round.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppy
So if they pigeons are leading by 3 with 2 minutes to play Saturday and the Flyers send out their fourth line looking for Crosby and Malkin you'll have zero issues with that?
If they catch one of them sleeping like Vitale did, then no. That shot wasn't anything that anyone one either team wouldn't have taken. If the roles would have been reversed, I would be embarased to say I was a fan if Balysma acted like the Phillys coach.

The Pens may have sent that line out to "headhunt" (only the coaches will know for sure), but they never got the chance.

Why do they call it common sense when it is so rare.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppy
As long as they don't go all Carcillo on the face off and throw a punch I don't have an issue with it. Vitale's hit was as clean as it gets. Shenn, not so much.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page