Hines Ward - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Hines Ward

I'm seeing reports, that the Steelers are not going to retain Hines heading in to the 2012 season. Which doesn't make me very happy at all really, the guy has done nothing but be a good teammate, and football player the entire time he has been in Pittsburgh.......He is also willing to take a big pay cut to finish out his career with the Steelers, and he can still play football contrary to popular belief.....Im not sure what gives???

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 09:37 PM

Re: Hines Ward

He was a good player ONCE, but he has out played his usefulness. He's too injury prone and has no speed left. He should do what is good for the team and play one play during the next regular season than retire. Can't be to many teams out there than wants a wide receiver his age. Better to go out when your a Steeler than some other team.

He should leave and take Troy with him also. Troy can't cover anymore and his tackling is a joke. Maybe they can get someone who can actually lift an arm over his head and knock the ball down

The NFL isn't what have you done for me in the past but what can you do for me in the future. Both players aren't doing the team any good by hanging around.
post #3 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 09:44 PM

That's strange imo. He has been a loyal Steeler and a fine football player his entire career. While he is not as fast as the young guys, or as tough as he used to be, he can still be a great 3rd down possession receiver.

It's a shame but happens to many good players. Money and entertainment outweighs the integrity of the sport in the NFL.

If you enjoy hunting please find a way to give back to the sport. Our children will thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
He was a good player ONCE, but he has out played his usefulness. He's too injury prone and has no speed left. He should do what is good for the team and play one play during the next regular season than retire. Can't be to many teams out there than wants a wide receiver his age. Better to go out when your a Steeler than some other team.

He should leave and take Troy with him also. Troy can't cover anymore and his tackling is a joke. Maybe they can get someone who can actually lift an arm over his head and knock the ball down

The NFL isn't what have you done for me in the past but what can you do for me in the future. Both players aren't doing the team any good by hanging around.
Too injury prone? Hines has missed 1 game in the past four years. I guess we should unload Pouncey, Ben, Mendenhall, Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Keisel, Colon, and anyone else that dared get injured playing professional football.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #5 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 10:37 PM
The Man

Quote:
There is definitely an emotional tie to Hines,but I do believe his time has come. He will probably play this year with another team, find out it isn't for him, get re-signed by the Steelers for a one day contract and retire as a Steeler, which is as it should be.
Like it or not. football is a business, and it was evident this year that Hines is not in the Steeler's future plans. He simply was not used much.
As for taking Troy with him....Ridiculous.
post #6 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
We have found the Steelers version of Trask..

post #7 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 PM

anyone think his DUI has something to do with it. i like hines but the steelers dont put up with that stuff. they got rid of one superbowl mvp due to a brush with the law.

take a kid hunting and fishing it will keep them out of trouble
post #8 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 11:14 PM

No, the DUI had NOTHING at all to do with it, if it does happen. Santonio had one problem after another, after another, and eventually the Steelers decided he just wasn't worth the trouble, particularly in the offseason they unloaded him.

post #9 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
That is pure ridiculousness.......I'll bet that half of the teams in the NFL would be happy to have a player of his caliber for a few years...........The reason he did not play much this year, is because he didnt fit in to BA's heave the ball 90 yards down field offense.........

The guy is still an outstanding receiver, sure he isnt as fast as he once was, but he is the best in the NFL at finding soft spots in zone defenses....and he has rock solid hands......not to mention the fact that he blocks better than 95% of the Steelers linemen......

Maybe they could retain him as a guard to replace Kemoeatu.....

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #10 of 203 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 12:55 AM
The Man

From what I could find yesterday, this is all based on a Jason La Canfora report to NFL Total Access. But, you have to wonder who is his source. Hines has said he'd restructure - maybe even the league vet minimum $400k (?). At that price why would they say goodbye?

Personally, I think it's a slow news period.

“did you get all that on camera sport?”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page