What Steelers will we lose? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

What Steelers will we lose?

On the way to work this evening I hear some local sports guys speculating on who should be let go in the offseason. They figure Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, James Farrior, and Heinz Ward should all be let go. What do you guys think? Who do you think will be let go? And who do you think should be let go? I think that we have the replacemnts for all of the aforementioned guys already on the roster we could let them go and use the money elsewhere. On a side note I would like to see Heinz Ward become a WR coach and stay on and teach the WR's to block and run routes for years to come. I think Randall Gay could be released as well, I'm sorry but he's just not very good, we really need to address the CB situation in the draft or free agency. So what do you guys think?

Molon Labe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: What Steelers will we lose?

Just read that Ward wants to play next year and said he is willing to restructure his contract. That's nice but he's not getting many looks as it is and after Wallace, Brown, Sanders, I think Crotchery did a better job than Heinz this year. Ward also said if steelers release him he'll be looking to play somewhere else, I like Heinz but you gotta know when to say when, he has 2 Superbowls, a Superbowl MVP, and 1000 catches, it's time.

Molon Labe
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 PM

I agree with Smith, Hampton, and Ward. Farrier may be back for one more go. He isn't playing at the same level he used to but he was still decent.

Hampton is having ACL surgery and with that big body it won't be easy to play on. Smith should have hung it up last year.

I would take Cotchery over Ward at this point but I have a feeling that Cotchery played himself into a better contract with a different team. That said I hope they bring him back.

I would hate to see Ward in another jersey but if he wants to come back I am not convinced it will be in black & gold. The GF and I talked about this last night, she thinks he'll end up somewhere that has young receivers and/or has someone with a Steelers affiliation. (i.e. Arizona or Jacksonville)

This isn't a "What they need" thread but the need offensive lineman, corners, and defensive lineman.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM

Batch
A. Smith
W. Allen
Hampton
McFadden
Battle
Ward (unless he takes a huge contract reconstruction)
Foote or Farrior (maybe both)

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 05:58 PM

Don't forget Wallace is a free agent this year, and if he doesnt take an offer from the Steelers they may be willing to part with him after the emergence of Brown and Sanders. It would allow for more money to sign rookies and free agents.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 PM

Wallace is a restricted free agent which means the Steelers would get some kind of compensation if he signed elsewehre. They need to sign him anyway.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz
Batch
A. Smith
W. Allen
Hampton
McFadden
Battle
Ward (unless he takes a huge contract reconstruction)
Foote or Farrior (maybe both)
All of the above. Ward whether he resturctures or not.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad
Wallace is a restricted free agent which means the Steelers would get some kind of compensation if he signed elsewehre. They need to sign him anyway.
I'm sure they will sign him early, or maybe he'll agree to an extension.

Willie Colon has done nothing but waste salary cap money. I wish they would just get rid of him in a trade, but no ones would want him.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:54 PM
RIZ
Diehard Outdoorsman

ther steelers are way over the salary cap, $20 million, and that's with only 44 players under contract. that means all the older, high-priced players are gone or must restructure there contract. so that means players like hampton, smith, kemo, mcfadden, farrior, foote and ward are gone. i sure other minor player will go also like battle, allen, sepalvida, and the like. for those wanting gay gone, i feel you are wrong in that. gay played frairly well and is getting better, plus who do you get to replace him in this defense. hopefully some of the younger corners will step up and replace him but that's far from a sure thing. on offense i would not object to using mendenhal to trade up to get a better player in the draft.

RIZ
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunter
Just read that Ward wants to play next year and said he is willing to restructure his contract. That's nice but he's not getting many looks as it is and after Wallace, Brown, Sanders, I think Crotchery did a better job than Heinz this year. Ward also said if steelers release him he'll be looking to play somewhere else, I like Heinz but you gotta know when to say when, he has 2 Superbowls, a Superbowl MVP, and 1000 catches, it's time.

That would be "Hines" and not "Heinz" in this case I believe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page