Suggs shoots off his big mouth. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Suggs shoots off his big mouth.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdow...urn=nfl-wp15161

The Baltimore Ravens have a playoff bye this week. Don't think that means Terrell Suggs' mouth will be taking it easy.

The linebacker took a mostly unprovoked shot at Tim Tebow during a Tuesday appearance on ESPN's "First Take."

"With all due respect we don't need God on our sidelines," Suggs said. "Once again God had to save Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos. He couldn't even give them two drives? Seven to three? [Referring to the score Denver lost by on Sunday.]"

Technically, it was the San Diego Chargers that saved Tebow and the Broncos. Without the Bolts' win over Oakland, Tebow would be sitting in a pew Sunday instead of the locker room. Is Suggs trying to say that Norv Turner is some sort of deity?

[Related: Broncos coach John Fox's brilliance lost in Tebow mania]

Never mind that. For now, let's point out that ripping on Tebow is the equivalent of shooting a dead fish in a small barrel. Pick a better target, T-Sizzle.

It also bears noting that while Baltimore and Denver could meet up in the divisional playoffs, it would take a Cincinnati upset of Houston (possible) and a Broncos victory over Pittsburgh (nope) for it to happen. In all likelihood, Suggs won't be blitzing Tebow anytime soon.

And that right there is why you spend four years hitting the books at Ball So Hard University. Where else would you learn that true artists don't need to be playing against an opponent to engage in some trash talking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Suggs shoots off his big mouth.

Terrell Suggs is not a fan of Tim Tebow

January, 4, 2012
Jan 4

3:08

PM ET

Email
Print
Comments738

By Jamison Hensley

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the ones who are playing Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos in the playoffs. But Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs delivered his opinion on the Broncos quarterback on ESPN's First Take, and it wasn't very flattering.

Asked by Skip Bayless for his take on Tebow, Suggs said, “He’s all right. He’s all right. Come on now, let’s be honest, Skip. I can put up the numbers he was [putting up]. It’s all about numbers, baby. Give me a shot. Let’s see what we can do, create my own offense and hopefully my kicker can nail a 62-yarder to bail me out a few times, Jesus shows up."

Suggs added, "That boy be praying on the sidelines, boy. I don’t feel comfortable [if] I’ve got to pray every fourth quarter like, ‘Oh my God, please come save me again.’ Let’s just go out there and win the game.”

Suggs then took a shot at Tebow's religious persona. "With all due respect, we don't pray on the sideline," he said. "We do -- we give it up to God to keep us safe and healthy. When our quarterback prays, he's like, 'God, sit on the couch and enjoy this. Thank you for blessing me and letting me wake up and play this game. I'm going to impress you.'"

Bayless pointed out that Tebow went 7-4 as a starter and led the Broncos to the AFC West title.

"He didn’t win the AFC West," Suggs said. "Oakland lost it."

So, would Suggs rather have Joe Flacco or Tebow as his quarterback?

“Are you kidding me? Why don’t you like my quarterback, Skip? Is it his mustache? Is it his eyebrows? Is it because Tim Tebow is prettier?” Suggs said. “I understand you’ve got your man crush but you can’t force that on the rest of us. We here in Baltimore, we’ve got a quarterback that fits our personality. … I love the kid. He plays football. He’s my quarterback. I stand by him. And I love him on the sidelines with the ice in his veins. I just feel awesome about him.”

It will be very interesting to hear what Suggs has to say if the Ravens have to face Tebow in the playoffs. Of course, that would mean the Steelers losing at Denver.

That leads to an interesting question: Who is Suggs rooting for on Sunday?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Suggs is an idiot! Always has been, always will be. A good football player, but a lousy human being.

Where have you been?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 10:59 PM

What do you expect from an Ork? Orkses are trixie!

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 PM

6 Superbowl Champion STEELERS, 5 World Series Champion PIRATES, 4 Stanley Cup Champion PENGUINS!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 PM

6 Superbowl Champion STEELERS, 5 World Series Champion PIRATES, 4 Stanley Cup Champion PENGUINS!!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Where have you been?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 12:49 PM

Here is a link to the ESPN interview.

ESPN interview

It was on ESPN, which we all know is in it for the ratings. Skip Bayless was trying to get a good interview and kept asking him questions. After the whole Penn State debacle, I have no respect for ESPN as a worthy sports news network. They just want a good story.

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 01:05 PM

I don't really have a problem with Suggs' comments. What's the big deal? I mean it's meaningless trash talk, doesn't serve a purpose whatsoever, but what's the big deal?

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I agree with buckethead ork's aren't known for their mental prowess.

Molon Labe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page