Harrison Suspended 1 Game - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Harrison Suspended 1 Game

Steelers LB Harrison suspended one game for McCoy hit

6 Superbowl Champion STEELERS, 5 World Series Champion PIRATES, 4 Stanley Cup Champion PENGUINS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Re: Harrison Suspended 1 Game

That's not too bad. I'll take that!
post #3 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:49 PM
The Man

That is ridiculous, and disgusting........

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 PM

We can argue and female dog all day about the rules, but we all know them, and James knows them. At some point he's just being a dumb donkey. You're not proving anything James, it's not "#Occupy Gooddell" your protest of the rules is hurting the team.

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
post #5 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 04:08 PM
The Man

He did nothing wrong, or against the rules though........he tackled a would be runner,m who happened to switch to passing mode too late.........who was moving therefore at some point he has to decide what to do........I guess defenders are supposed to play 1/2 speed so they make sure the other players dont move resulting in head to head hits

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #6 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot1822
He did nothing wrong, or against the rules though........he tackled a would be runner,m who happened to switch to passing mode too late.........who was moving therefore at some point he has to decide what to do........I guess defenders are supposed to play 1/2 speed so they make sure the other players dont move resulting in head to head hits
Take your Steelers blinders off for a minute. Harrison hit him helmet to helmet. Thats against the rules...simple as that. He was told time and time again, fined time and time again....and STILL won't learn his lesson. Maybe this time it'll get through to him.

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once.
post #7 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 04:31 PM
The Man

I dont have any blinders on.........I just think it is absurd.......I dont care if it was RAY LEWIS hitting him I still dont think it warrants a suspension........ANd I dont even need to start on the fact that the rule never gets enforced consistently........take for instance the Ray Lewis Hines Ward hit in the last Ravens Steelers game.......no penalty....but he did get fined

post #8 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfb74
Take your Steelers blinders off for a minute. Harrison hit him helmet to helmet. Thats against the rules...simple as that. He was told time and time again, fined time and time again....and STILL won't learn his lesson. Maybe this time it'll get through to him.
HA! You don't even know the rules. There is no helmet-to-helmet rule against a runner. Only receiver.

Colt was running with the ball and got clocked. It has been debated by the experts on every sports channel in America. Could have gone either way, but Goodel hates Harrison and the Steelers. Period!!
post #9 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Henry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfb74
HA! You don't even know the rules. There is no helmet-to-helmet rule against a runner. Only receiver.

Colt was running with the ball and got clocked. It has been debated by the experts on every sports channel in America. Could have gone either way, but Goodel hates Harrison and the Steelers. Period!!
Exactly...James thought he was a runner; we all did. No helmet to helmet on a runner. Unfortunately, McCoy was scrambling behind the line of scrimmage and just so happened to dink it off to a receiver at the last micro second. Hard to blame James too much for not being able to pull up on that one. Easy to say when you see it in slow mo but he was wrapping up McCoy with both arms and burying his facemask in McCoys chest. Between McCoy being a midget and ducking into the hit, helmet to helmet was gonna happen...

Fine, maybe, suspension, just gooddell playing "god" again.

Suburban redneck.
post #10 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
fined time and time again....
His last fine was in nov. of last year,i believe he went 18 games without a fine he should have been off double secret probation by then, although his rant against the commish in the summer didnt help his cause.Besides being suspended 1 game he loses a game check valued at over $200,000.00.OUCH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page