paterno to retire - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

paterno to retire

paterno just released statement saying he;ll retire at end of season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 03:08 PM

Re: paterno to retire

Penn State football coach Joe Paterno released the following statement Wednesday:

“I am absolutely devastated by the developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief.

I have come to work every day for the last 61 years with one clear goal in mind: To serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have been entrusted to my care. I have the same goal today.

That’s why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can.

This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.

My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to help this University.”

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

IMHO the carpet was lifted up and Sandusky pushed under in 1998.

At that time he was one of the biggest names in college coaching. He could of had any coaching job that he wanted... Notre Dame... Nebraska...Michigan... yet he inexplicably walked away and retired...little fishy when you add in the Gricar thingy... the investigation that went nowhere for sexual abuse...

In 2002 Sandusky lifted up the carpet and was once again pushed down and under it...this time we know who pushed him back under, the upper brass at PSU

Its time for this game to come to an end, Spanier, Schultz, Curley, Paterno, and yes, McQueary all knew what was going on and all had either an active or passive role in it being swept under the carpet... all of the above have blood on their hands from any incident that happened post 2002, and some of them possibly 1998...

Victims are coming out of the wood work now... last count I heard was 20... of course there will be a few -- collectors trying to grab free money... but I feel that the true number will be well over 30+...

Despicable for lack of a better term... using his position and power within the Second Mile and PSU football totarget kids...

befoer this is all over I'd be willing to bet that he (Sandusky) dies from acute lead poisoning, of the self inflicted variety

SGT CARL J. MORGAIN KIA IRAQ 22 MAY 05
A CO 1/112 INF TF 2-7 US ARMY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Not good enough. He needs to go now!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallscity1

At that time he was one of the biggest names in college coaching. He could of had any coaching job that he wanted... Notre Dame... Nebraska...Michigan... yet he inexplicably walked away and retired...little fishy when you add in the Gricar thingy... the investigation that went nowhere for sexual abuse...

In 2002 Sandusky lifted up the carpet and was once again pushed down and under it...this time we know who pushed him back under, the upper brass at PSU

Its time for this game to come to an end, Spanier, Schultz, Curley, Paterno, and yes, McQueary all knew what was going on and all had either an active or passive role in it being swept under the carpet... all of the above have blood on their hands from any incident that happened post 2002, and some of them possibly 1998...

Victims are coming out of the wood work now... last count I heard was 20... of course there will be a few -- collectors trying to grab free money... but I feel that the true number will be well over 30+...

Despicable for lack of a better term... using his position and power within the Second Mile and PSU football totarget kids...

befoer this is all over I'd be willing to bet that he (Sandusky) dies from acute lead poisoning, of the self inflicted variety
I have a hard time believing that any young man would subject himself to the kind of scrutiny that he will be placed under by falsely claiming he was raped. If it was forced sodomy, there will likely be old scaring in addition to the mental scars that the victims will live with forever.

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalThatFishes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallscity1

I have a hard time believing that any young man would subject himself to the kind of scrutiny that he will be placed under by falsely claiming he was raped. If it was forced sodomy, there will likely be old scaring in addition to the mental scars that the victims will live with forever.
I have to disagree Gal. In this day and age people will jump on any bandwagon they can. Even if it means intense scrutiny and in the end possible embarassment and being discredited. People these days want their 15 minutes however they can get it.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 03:13 AM

Paterno was canned tonight.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 03:18 AM

But why wasn't McQueary fired also? IMO, he let it happen. Paterno may have erred morally, but couldn't have done anything to stop it. McQueary could have, but chose not to rescue a child being raped. I'm sorry, but right is right, and Sandusky should have been lying in a pool of his own blood when McQueary saw what was going on.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRub00
paterno just released statement saying he;ll retire at end of season.
Guess he won't have to now...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
The Man

A painful scene for me, even being away from PA. I remember him longer than most. But even the powerful and the known can fall through the cracks of life.
Easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle, than what some folks regrettably attempt to do. But power can corrupt, even the nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page