The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Hockey night in the burgh!

26K views 171 replies 19 participants last post by  Tuko 
#1 ·
Let's go Pens!.....oh yeah Malkin is out again

#14 ·
Well, with Crosby and Malkin out again these Pens are looking like their old last season selves. Missing the net, flubbing passes and shots, getting shots blocked, blowing odd man rushes, and getting crappy goal tending from MAF.

This is an AHL team without Crosby and Malkin.

#15 ·
Well, Crosby likely won't be hurried back any time soon and Malkin's knee looks like it's going to be a season long nagging injury for him so THIS is what we can expect all season long from this team. They will struggle to even score 1 goal a game with this joke of a lineup.

#22 ·
dennis h. said:
You should just stop watching hockey games. It doesn't appear to give you any kind of enjoyment.
Oh guys, you want to jump all over me for stating facts? Let me ask you something. Did you get enjoyment out of that game or frustration?

Is it so wrong to call out the weak play of the team tonight? You don't think the coaches do that after a pathetic performance like this? What about the game made you feel good? What did you see out there that you like?

Like I said, this is an AHL lineup out there when Crosby and Malkin are out and MAF continue to play poorly night in and night out. What is his GAA now? Gotta be at least 3.00. Poor goal tending coupled with no ability to finish plays and score goals spells loss after loss. Same story as last year.

Hopefully they aren't too far behind once Crosby and Malkin get back and they can POSSIBLY catch the Flyers and Caps in the East but not likely.

#23 ·
And I think you're wrong. I enjoyed watching that game. You expect perfection all the time. You're asking too much. There are a total of 1 AHL players in the line up right now. You just look to that as an excuse for poor execution. The season is young. These guys are just getting to know each other on the ice. Like I said, you should quit watching.

#24 ·
Expecting perfection? Hardly. I expect guys that get paid what they do to finish a scoring chance or two to try and win a game. I also expect an "elite" goaltender like MAF who gets paid and elite salary to stop a few pucks once and a while. The Pens consistently make other teams' backup or rookie goal tender look like Patrick Roy while MAF looks lost half the time out there letting wristers from the blue line past him.

#25 ·
There are many teams out there who would love to have MAF between the pipes for them. You're comments are laughable most of the time when it comes to the Penguins. I try to ignore them but have a very hard time doing it. I like your posts in other forums but have a hard time here.

#26 ·
Every team has nights like this, I know that. I just see some disturbing trends from last year showing up again. They looked good in the first couple games and then all of a sudden they are snakebitten again.

They are missing the net a TON. I believe they said they missed the net 11 times in the 1st period alone. I also see a lot of shots getting blocked because they are taking too much time to take shots. If you get a puck and then make a big wind up, chances are someone will get in front of it. Take quicker shots out there and don't give them the opportunity.

Were only 6 games in but Malkin's reoccurring knee problems, Sid's timetable up in the air, and Fleury getting off to another slow start, I just hope that they can grind out some wins and not get too far behind Philly and Washington.

Sorry dennis but I like to vent here about what really fries me on certain nights. I'll try to err on the side of positive from now on.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.