NFL Draft 2020 - Bring It - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

NFL Draft 2020 - Bring It

With liitle going on in the way of sports, the NFL is full steam ahead. If there is to be a season in the fall, no sense delaying it a month. Every team has the same challenges in this first ever "virtual draft".

Even if you aren't real into the draft, its a welcome distraction in these times.

Assuming most HPA members are fans of the Six Time Super Bowl Champion Steelers, or the Eagles. But easily could have some Bills Mafia or fans of the G-Men, or J-E-T-S.

Who is your team, what do you think they will do and what would you like them to do?

My team should be obvious, and with no #1 pick the first night will be anti-climatic barring a total blockbuster trade. But that pick is Minkah Fitzpatrick so no complaints.

I think depth at ILB is the main concern with this roster, but at #49 they can't afford to reach.

Not sold on the idea of a RB at 49. Not unless there is someone who slides. Going to be different with an experienced QB there and not having ten in the box. I'd roll with Conner/Snell/Samuels, with Watt added as FB.

With no glaring needs, but lots of places to add young talent, go with best-available on the board. Interior O line would not be sexy but might provide the best value.

Hey, how about Tagovailoa scoring "13" on the Wonderlic? Thats gotta concern some teams.

A closed mind keeps the truth out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 09:21 PM
The Man

Pats fan since '69.....I'll wait for the heckling to stop. Tua at QB. I hope he lasts long enough for the Pats to have a chance at him....looks like he might. Will Bill trade up for the chance??? And if they do get him, always a little doubt about the hip. I think Tua and Belichick would be a good fit.

They need to get a Gronk replacement (or at least someone half as good).....Cole Kmet, TE from ND might work here.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Belechik would have the inside scoop on Tua, with the Saban connection.

If that would happen, the conspiracy theories about the Pats being favored would abound.

And why on Earth would you let that affliction stay untreated since 1969? Counseling and meds didn't work?
simoncool likes this.

A closed mind keeps the truth out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 09:34 PM
Sage

Or heavy drinking.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 10:07 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethFrumAbuv View Post

And why on Earth would you let that affliction stay untreated since 1969? Counseling and meds didn't work?
The stuff I deleted from your post, I will not address, as I agree with the deleted portion.

Like most bad habits, I have no idea where it all started. I only know it grew into an obsession as I advanced through my teen years. John Hannah had much to do with my penchant for Patriot play no doubt, as I admire good line work, and none was better than his. As I matured the obsession subsided, but I stuck around around anyhow....and was rewarded for years of dedication with B &B. That era is now over, but I can't jump ship now.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncool View Post
Pats fan since '69.....
Everyone has flaws
Dukehunter3 likes this.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 10:20 PM
The Man

There is going to be a bunch of good OTs up for grabs in this draft....not something that happens often. I'm betting the first round will be heavy with OT picks.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 10:22 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
Everyone has flaws
I know....just look at all of the Eagles fans!
Trout Traveler likes this.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 10:27 PM
Part of the Community

SKOL VIKINGS! 2 first round picks should be interesting. I see either CB, CB zimmer loves taking CB first rd or trading back for more picks, Im happy with either, run first team and I see even more of it this year, I dont see them picking wr in first 2 rds
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethFrumAbuv View Post
With little going on in the way of sports, the NFL is full steam ahead. If there is to be a season in the fall, no sense delaying it a month. Every team has the same challenges in this first ever "virtual draft".

Even if you aren't really into the draft, it’s a welcome distraction in these times.

Assuming most HPA members are fans of the Six Time Super Bowl Champion Steelers, or the Eagles. But easily could have some Bills Mafia or fans of the G-Men, or J-E-T-S.

Who is your team; what do you think they will do and what would you like them to do?

My team should be obvious, and with no #1 pick the first night will be anti-climatic barring a total blockbuster trade. But that pick is Minkah Fitzpatrick so no complaints.

I think depth at ILB is the main concern with this roster, but at #49 they can't afford to reach.

Not sold on the idea of a RB at 49. Not unless there is someone who slides. Going to be different with an experienced QB there and not having ten in the box. I'd roll with Conner/Snell/Samuels, with Watt added as FB.

With no glaring needs, but lots of places to add young talent, go with best-available on the board. Interior O line would not be sexy but might provide the best value.

Hey, how about Tagovailoa scoring "13" on the Wonderlic? That’s gotta concern some teams.
As I’ve been saying, Steelers fans should ignore what some of the national media are projecting. They shouldn’t (and won’t) use their 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB. Franchise QBs are almost always first round picks and they don’t have one until next year. Forget about them trading up into the first round. They don’t have the picks to do it. I doubt they will trade down either.

The Steelers have several needs, particularly on offense. They need a deep threat WR. This is supposed to be one of best WR classes ever.

They could use interior OL, but this is supposed to be a weak draft for interior OL. It is supposed to be a very good class for OTs. Villanueva’s contract is up next year and he will likely not be resigned.

I’m not a big proponent of them taking a RB either. I don’t see Taylor or Dobbins falling that far. Akers might be worth a pick.

On defense, they need to replace Hargrave, which they can probably do with a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Otherwise on defense, they need depth. I agree that ILB depth is sorely needed. Matekevich is easily replaced but Barron’s role will be more difficult.

I’m not sold on Ola or Skipper being solid backups at OLB. I expect Dupree to leave as a FA next year but I think they will probably draft his replacement then.

They really need depth at safety. Dangerfield and Allen are special teams players, not reliable backups.

For the Patriots to get Tua, they’ll have to trade up, which I doubt they will do.

Last edited by Trout Traveler; 04-20-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page