Last 3 Innings of the 1960 World Series - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Last 3 Innings of the 1960 World Series

Go back.... waaaay back in time. I hope it copies over. Yankee fans may not want to watch. Stay safe, stay healthy.
jimbridger likes this.

BobB
WMU2F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 06:37 PM

I was in high school in the state of Indiana. They let class out to watch game seven in the gym on a small TV. We had no TV at home, but listened to the games when possible on the radio.

I made it to the second or third row and was excited to watch as my father has predicting a win for the Pirates. Although I had no connections with Pittsburgh nor PA at that time I believe I was the only students and teachers who was rooting for the Pirates.

MY best day in high school and one I will never forget.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 07:53 PM
Sage

Mazeroskiís homer might be the greatest moment in Baseball history.

Born2Hunt, how on earth could the people of Indiana be rooting for the Yankees? Is it something in the water?

Itís funny until somebody gets hurt, then itís hilarious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 08:12 PM
The Man

interesting video. wasn`t even born yet.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 08:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I was in 3rd grade and a huge baseball fan. I never ran so fast to get home and watch the end of the game. I got to see Mazeroskiís homer. I was jumping all over the living room. My mom thought I was having a fit lol.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 11:08 PM

Thanks for sharing. That is the first time I saw the game since 1960.....However, it did look like there were 10 more fans at Forbes Field than the first time......Great game......Great memory.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 02:12 PM

I wasn’t born yet.

The Yankees outscored the Pirates 55-27 in the series. They batted .338 as a TEAM.

And lost.

Yankees won the blowouts, Pirates won the close games.

Mazeroski hit the first walk off series winning HR in history. There is only one other series winning HR, hit by Joe Carter against the Phillies. So both walk off series winning HRs involved PA teams.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 04:25 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Local station had it on the day the season was to start. Tonight I think game 5 from 1990 playoffs.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 07:24 AM

Last night, the local Pittsburgh sports station showed the complete game 7. The good old days, classic baseball at its finest, the number of great players on both the Pirates and Yankees. Watching the after game interviews with Bob Prince was cool. They also had interviews from 2010 with many of the Pirates who played on the team. Clemente has always been my favorite player. Maz said after the win, he left Forbes Field and went to Schenley Park and set in his car to get away from all the excitement. The local sportstalk show was discussing it last night and they said there was no official taping or filming of the World Series back then by Major League Baseball and it is believed the film from game 7 was from Bing Crosby's private collection.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem760 View Post
Last night, the local Pittsburgh sports station showed the complete game 7. The good old days, classic baseball at its finest, the number of great players on both the Pirates and Yankees. Watching the after game interviews with Bob Prince was cool. They also had interviews from 2010 with many of the Pirates who played on the team. Clemente has always been my favorite player. Maz said after the win, he left Forbes Field and went to Schenley Park and sat in his car to get away from all the excitement. The local sportstalk show was discussing it last night and they said there was no official taping or filming of the World Series back then by Major League Baseball and it is believed the film from game 7 was from Bing Crosby's private collection.
I have an old album from the Pirates 1971 World Series year that has a lot of Bob Prince classics. My favorite: “Score tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 17th. Comes into the wind up. Swung on, driven deep to right field, YOU CAN KISS IT GOODBYE! Aw he cremated that baby, he cremated it out of sight. And the Buccos.......we had ‘em aaaaaaaalll the way.”
lynxone likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page