HOF vote - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

HOF vote

Who the heck didn't vote for Jeter?? 396 out of 397 votes. Had to be a Boston writer! Or a Mets fan.

https://www.mlb.com/news/derek-jeter...o-hall-of-fame

Thank God I'm an American, and not a democrat!

Last edited by Sojourner48; 01-21-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 10:56 PM
Frequent Contributor

I agree I'm a Yankee hater but have tons of respect for what Jeter accomplished ,how he wasn't a 100% I have no idea
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 11:14 PM

Cooperstown has been a joke for decades now. Say what you will of the 90's steroid era, but there are quite a few all time greats missing.
Asajoe1 and .257 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 12:03 AM

Rose. Why the hall not? If he played in NY or LA he would be in. If he is not allowed make him the standard. Don't measure up, buy a ticket like me. Waugh!
simoncool likes this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 12:24 AM
Frequent Contributor

Some of the best baseball players to ever put on a uniform will not get in due to the people who are doing the voting!! Barry Bonds should be in the HOF,he left my team to go to the Giants but as a fan im just looking at it as what his# where and if he was doing steriods why did nt the league suspend him or throw him out? Cause people came to see him hit and the league took the profits off it,same with A-ROD,Mcquier, and then the commisioner of that era gets in,go figure.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 03:29 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Of all the great players in the HOF it's amazing Rivera was the first unanimous selection. Think about it, Aaron, Greg Maddux, Carlton, Seaver. There are many more that make you scratch your head. How could anyone not vote for Aaron? His numbers when he became eligible were in the stratosphere. Nine voters thought Henry Aaron wasn't worthy!

Larry Walker? That one threw me a curve...........

Intelligence without wisdom is Modern Society............
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 03:52 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukehunter3 View Post
Some of the best baseball players to ever put on a uniform will not get in due to the people who are doing the voting!! Barry Bonds should be in the HOF,he left my team to go to the Giants but as a fan im just looking at it as what his# where and if he was doing steriods why did nt the league suspend him or throw him out? Cause people came to see him hit and the league took the profits off it,same with A-ROD,Mcquier, and then the commisioner of that era gets in,go figure.
Yeah....don't care what Barry was taking there was about a six year period in his career where you could rarely sneak a fastball by him on the inside half. Lot of fun to see him turn on a pitch. He was as good a hitter as anyone I have seen in my life.

Mlb and everyone around the game knew what was going on despite what you hear. And it did not begin in the nineties......more like the late seventy's and early eighties. The results caused more and more to use and by the nineties Ped's were common as amphetamines in baseball. Canseco was telling the truth. (Even if he is a jerk) They needed the fans back after the strike and Ped's fueled the resurgence. I guess enshrinement means something to the players and their families, don't matter much to me. I love the game and will always remember a great player.
pappybear likes this.

Intelligence without wisdom is Modern Society............
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
Rose. Why the hall not? If he played in NY or LA he would be in. If he is not allowed make him the standard. Don't measure up, buy a ticket like me. Waugh!

I agree. If MLB is considering Bonds, Clemens, etc. they should consider re-instating Rose. It will be interesting to see if MLB considers Beltran, and any other of the Astros when their time comes.

Thank God I'm an American, and not a democrat!
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 11:02 AM

Well I guess if Babe Ruth is is in than the steroid guys should be considered. Ruth used beer and I know that beer enhances my ability to dance. Waugh!
timberdoodle and .257 like this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 12:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxone View Post
Yeah....don't care what Barry was taking there was about a six year period in his career where you could rarely sneak a fastball by him on the inside half. Lot of fun to see him turn on a pitch. He was as good a hitter as anyone I have seen in my life.

Mlb and everyone around the game knew what was going on despite what you hear. And it did not begin in the nineties......more like the late seventy's and early eighties.
Actually did start in the 70s and 80s....1870s and 80's! Pud Galvin was using monkey testosterone and was in MLB from 1875-92.

He is noted as the first player to use PEDs.

He was inducted into the HOF in 1965.
lynxone and dragman like this.

Last edited by simoncool; 01-22-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page