Philadelphia Phillies 2020 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dc 21

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Philadelphia Phillies 2020

The Phillies signed shortstop DiDi Gregorius to a one year, 14 million dollar deal. He’s a career .264 hitter.

They also signed pitcher Zach a Wheeler to a five year, 118 million dollar deal.

Itís funny until somebody gets hurt, then itís hilarious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc 21 View Post
The Phillies signed shortstop DiDi Gregorius to a one year, 14 million dollar deal. Heís a career .264 hitter.

They also signed pitcher Zach a Wheeler to a five year, 118 million dollar deal.
Yeah there 330 million dollar man hit .250 and was smog the leaders in striking out. Most of the year. Got hot at the end to get his average up. To .250
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECK SHOT View Post
Yeah there 330 million dollar man hit .250 and was smog the leaders in striking out. Most of the year. Got hot at the end to get his average up. To .250

Well, he hit ,260 not .250 as you incorrectly posted. He also hit 35 home runs, walked 99 times, had 114 RBIs, along with 149 hits, 36 of which were doubles. He had 682 plate appearances and 573 at bats. You conveniently left all of that out of your post. Plus, every time game I watched him play and I watched a lot of games, he hustled his butt off. He was 23rd among home run leaders. He had the 6th most bases on balls.

Btw, why do you care what the Phillies paid him? I await your answer.
jimbridger likes this.

Last edited by dc 21; 12-10-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 11:23 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc 21 View Post
Well, he hit ,260 not .250 as you incorrectly posted. He also hit 35 home runs, walked 99 times, had 114 RBIs, along with 149 hits, 36 of which were doubles. He had 682 plate appearances and 573 at bats. You conveniently left all of that out of your post. Plus, every time game I watched him play and I watched a lot of games, he hustled his butt off. He was 23rd among home run leaders. He had the 6th most bases on balls.

Btw, why do you care what the Phillies paid him? I await your answer.
Oh yeah like I said he struggled most of the year to get above .250 he got hot towards the end and raised his batting average up. He also battled for the lead in strikeouts most of the year didnít look it up to see where he finished. He carried the Phillies to almost a .500 record. I do agree with you he did hustle all year. Game is on here most every night.
Well when I was a kid my Dad could afford to take his family to the Vet or 3 rivers for a weekend series. Now you canít afford to take your family for the weekend like that . Why I care what they pay him. Thought he was overrated to begin with. Heís had one great year. Probably has only completed about half of his years he has been in the league. Injuries. We will see how it plays out . 9 more years. 250 3 hole hitter that strikes out as much as he does, letís a lot out there on the bases.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 11:38 PM

Harper was a great buy, Great deal for Philly. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 05:57 AM

Surprised Didi only signed for 1 year. Going to miss him in pinstripes, a good team mate in the clubhouse. Don't judge him by last year's stats.

Ps.146:9 "The Lord watches over the sojourners".
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Bryce Harper had 114 RBIs. He is 11th among league leaders in that category. How is that leaving a lot on base? Sure, Iíd like to see him drive in 150 but 114 ainít bad, especially when the goofy manager bats him at the top of the order and not in the three or four spot.

As far as the amount of games he has played in his career.........he played in 1084 games out of a possible 1296 over 8 years. Thatís an average of 26.5 games per season he has missed. You could chalk up some of those games to days off given by the manager. No where near your comment of missing half of his years.

I will agree that his contract is too long and heís probably overpaid but who wouldnít take that deal if it was offered to them? The Phillies and other MLB teams could just say no, weíre not going to pay a ridiculous amount of money to play a kidís game. However, they donít do that because itís a business and they can make money by bringing in big name players. Until the fans say, ďenough is enough, Iím not overpaying for a ticket,Ē it will continue. And those of us who watch at home could do the same, if fans donít watch, teams will take notice, sponsors will go elsewhere to sell their product and prices will come down.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 09:24 PM

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...m-nick-martini

Cut Herrera. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page