Avery/Simmonds fued - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Avery/Simmonds fued

Not sure how many people have heard or read about the "taboo" word Simmonds used at Avery.

I just have to rant about the lame PC attempt to vilify every word and action as racist, homophobic, or inclusive.
For those who don't know Simmonds called Avery the F word commonly known as a bundle of sticks.

Of course the media is on this and making a big deal over it.

Using this word suddenly makes a person a homophobe.
When it's perfectly ok to denigrate people based on political views such as being a tea party person or for being christian I find the whole thing hypocritical.
Avery may have spoken out for gay rights but imo he needs to shut his mouth.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 02:00 PM

Re: Avery/Simmonds fued

Here is some VIDEO evidence of what your talking about ... also you flyers fans need to stop talking about Cooke after Shelley and now this hit.

Those who give up liberty in exchange for security will gain neither and lose both-Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

No, why not talk about Cooke? Shelley wouldn't have a shot at making the team if I was coach or GM. He does not have any talent other than giving guys a short rest as he plays 3-4 minutes a game and when he does fight usually it's a draw or he loses.
Sestito is just dumb. If that makes me a dumbophobe then fine.
It doesn't take much brains to realize that if you see the guys numbers you don't hit the guy.
Keep on defending Cooke and don't hijack a thread crying about Sestito.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:29 PM

I think your misunderstanding me,

My point is your watching a physical sport played by men if tempers get hot and a few words are said or if a questionable hit happens from time to time don't whine about it.

We are being neutered by the PC crowd.

Quote:
crying about Sestito.
Please feel free to go back in my post and find any thread I cried about a hit in the NHL.

Those who give up liberty in exchange for security will gain neither and lose both-Benjamin Franklin
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 PM

I'm inclined to think that most any negative, demeaning or otherwise harse words or pharses used in a hockey game are brought about to incite the gloves to come off...little more.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

I took liberties with saying you were crying about Sestito.
My point is that flyers fans or any fans can talk about Cooke if he does something stupid.
I wasn't sure why you singled out Shelley or Sestito.
If pens fans want to hammer Shelley then they have top wait in line.
if I took your reply the wrong way then my bad. The point of your post wasn't so clear. Don't talk about Cooke because Shelley and Sestito are just as dumb?

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuko
Here is some VIDEO evidence of what your talking about ... also you flyers fans need to stop talking about Cooke after Shelley and now this hit.
That hit was done in retaliation, which is INFINITELY different than cooke giving elbows to the head or knee to knee blows. Shelley has no place on the team and you won't find me defending him. However, even his defenders dont try to say that actions like Cooke and Shelleys are "needed" because the nhl doesn't defend its players. both shelley and cooke are thugs and neither has enough talent to justify their existence on the team.

I grow weary of the news media freaking out every time somebody says something they think is homophobic. People need to get over it and stop trying to play the victim.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

ch..ch..ch..*click*..BOOM
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Or to draw a penalty. Avery is a scum bag pure and simple. Sorry Sean didn't know you drew the line anywhere when it came to decency and limits on trash talking.
Anyway Avery turtled when he had the chance to drop the gloves with Simmonds.
I would have called him the same name.
Oh Avery will go after noted tough guy Matt Carle.

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I find it amusing that Flyer fans are so willing to give Simmonds a pass for a slur about gays, when they themselves are currently whining about a racially motivated incident against the very same player. I find that to be hilarious! It's the typical Flyer fan mentality. We can do it, but you better not or we'll cry and whine about it.

Where have you been?
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 PM

whining about racism?! a blatant act of racism is not comparable to on-ice banter. you gotta be KIDDING me.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

ch..ch..ch..*click*..BOOM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page