The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

The Flyers 2019/20

8K views 197 replies 14 participants last post by  Danesdad 
#1 ·
A nice win over in Prague by the boys....TK had 2 pretty goals and a helper to become star of the game.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: tkonen
#5 ·
Great home opener....Nice big screen tribute to Wayne Simmons(even though he's a Devil now LOL). Flyers goals by Provy, Hayes, Coots and TK with solid goaltending by Hart including a highlight reel glove save while the devils had a 2 min. 2 man power play. The crowd cheered long and loud - something they haven't been able to do much of these past few years. Final result Flyers 4 Devils 0.... That's right Hart notched his 1st NHL shutout !!!

#6 ·
Not doing so well on their western swing. Dominated by the Canucks but lucky enough to tie it(lost the S/O). Last night again dominated by the Flames - Elliot got his first start and had a decent game(can't say the same for the rest of the team - turnover central was back) despite allowing 2 goals. Back at it tonight at Edmonton(a homecoming for Carter Hart) .... hoping the team that played the Devils shows up !!!

#7 ·
Well the boys have put together a nice little 3 game win streak with Elliot in net. Scoring 4 unanswered goals in the 3rd period last night to take a 7-4 win over the Blue Jackets. I believe Hart get the net in Today's game, hopefully the team isn't out of gas.

#8 ·
Pitiful play against both the Islanders and the Pigeons. Easily pushed off pucks in their both zones. I could almost let the Islanders game slide since it was back to back.... BUT the Pigeons game was downright UGLY... might have been a game if they had called up the ECHL Reading Royals ... There sure weren't any NHL players in Orange + Black.... Have to see who shows up on Friday against another division rival the Devils.

#18 ·
Yeah the D did regress a bit, BUT it was nice for Elliot to get the W and a little redemption in the S/O.... Hope they saved a little gas for Boston tonight.

#20 ·
Who is this team... suddenly winning shootouts.... LOL. I was pleasantly surprised that the boys played so well in the 1st+2nd periods - 3rd period not so much(but it was back to back). Several other great chances that didn't find the back of Bostons net. I do like that they seem to be more physical here lately taking the body instead of trying weak stick checks.

Attachments

Reactions: jimbridger
#22 ·
Welcome aboard.... If you "search" back a few years there was some pretty good "poking" between Flyers + Pigeon fans. Hoping for a good game against the Caps tonight.

#24 ·
Yes we did.... although in the 2nd + 3rd the boys battled as well as if not better(definitely better in OT) than the Caps. Goaltenders were the stars.... Almost as good as Duncan the walrus ... LOL

Reactions: jimbridger
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.