The 2019-20 Penguins thread - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

The 2019-20 Penguins thread

Figured I'd get this going to light a fire under all the hockey experts here. Will Geno return to form? Will Murray shed his "china doll' reputation? Will they ever sign Petterson? Will Jack Johnson rise to a level considered functional? Will Horny rediscover his offensive game? Lastly, we all still hate Ovechkin, right?

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:18 PM

Yes. Eh. Yes. No. Eh. Heck yes!

I'm excited for the season to begin. I think the Pens have a tough road ahead of them and I'll be really curious to see if this is the year they start moving some bigger paces (Malkin/Letang). They absolutely need Horny to be at least closer to normal form and I think Galchenyuk can put up some nice numbers with a good supporting cast. Even the kid they got from Chicago has some nice upside. I think losing Bill Guerin in the FO hurts a little, there is no one else up there to work with GMJR. He is more of a lone wolf anyhow but at least there was some sounding board with Guerin. Add to that there is now no one in the wings when the 70 year old GMJR is ready to hang it up.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 01:01 PM

From that article about Geno missing his kid and admitting he lost a step I'm kinda thinking the end with him may be nearer than we think. I look for him to finish his career in the KHL but how far out that is who knows. I am treating every season from now on like it could be his last as a Penguin.

Murray is just sof. The one thing I most dislike about hockey is the heavy importance of goaltending. I guess long term I like what Murray brings its just hoping he can get hot at the right time and stay healthy. Some teams really seem to be able to scout goalies. Really hoping we can find the next Murray before he's owed $8 million a year off the cap.

I hate to say it about one of my favorite Pens of this generation, but I think Horny is done.

Petterson for sure I look for him to sign a contract for 5 or 6 years, they really like that guy. I don't think he's ever a 25 minute guy but he's good type of depth defenseman to lock down.

JJ is JJ, I have no problem with him whatsoever as bottom pair guy, just take issue with what GMJR decided to pay him last summer for those services. Ultimately that decision probably costs them Schultz next year and Addison won't be ready yet.

Some other teams in the division got better no doubt. I have no clue how these new forwards are going to mesh. I can't wait but I am going to back off watching many games before Christmas partly due to a busier fall schedule and partly because I got a little burnt out watching games last year once it got warm out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 08:41 AM

....I'll start paying attention in a few weeks.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:01 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The first pre season game is tonight. But following them all summer, one thing is true, they are trying to get younger. And I am certain they will surprise this year. The draft was okay, but youth rules..

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Petterson is going to wind up a top 4 D-man and next year he'll need paid like one.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Well, that was depressing. Not exactly what I pictured for the start of the season.

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 01:04 PM
The Man

I was in shock with all the odd man breaks they were giving up. Pretty much a repeat of last year. Pretty bad performance all around. They need to get it together.
MQ-1 likes this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

And it seems that they have. For one game at least. This was more like what I expected from them in the first game. Hope Geno isn't badly hurt.

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 12:09 PM
The Man

Great game last night. Hope Gino is okay. I think his statement after game 1 lit a fire under them.
MQ-1 likes this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page