Penn State Predictions?? - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 46Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-09-2019, 09:49 AM
New Arrival

They had no running game ( except QB runs) and couldn’t stop buffalo’s running game. If They don’t fix that , they’re in trouble in the Big Ten , and Clifford won’t last long .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

They get all these 3 and 4 star lineman, especially offensive linemen, and we keep having inadequate results. Seems like a coach them up problem.
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-10-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Yeah....PITT will likely be another good "tune-up" game but the "tune-up" period is soon coming to an end. Hopefully, all cylinders will be firing when the tough Big 10ers enter the track!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-10-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffppc View Post
Best result was a decrease in dropped passes, still room for some improvement. Defense as a group mediocre. Offensive line , ugh, no help for the running backs who did not live up to we have 4 starters. Coaching needs to change something in the game preparation. They have days to come up with a game plan then once again look lost the entire first half. In 10 min at half time they figure it out. Maybe they scheme and over think in the days leading up to the game. Time might be better spent in how to block and tackle. But a win is a win, no matter if it's not pretty.

I stated last year when the line all went to the draft this year would be a test to coaching. Seems like they did not scout these first 2 teams and did the scouting in the first half and came up with a game plan for the second half. So my take is the coaches were unprepared or overconfident.

If they don't find a running game there will be no passing game. Waugh!
jeffppc likes this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-14-2019, 04:47 PM

Tell me again how the O line was not hurt by the underclassmen drafted. Waugh!

post #16 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-14-2019, 04:55 PM

If this was a big 10 crew PSU will lose 3 or more this year. Very one sided officiating on important calls. Waugh!

post #17 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-14-2019, 07:39 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
Will this be the year to go all the way??
Not ever!!! With Franklin as the coach. He is terrible! I would like to see an offensive line somewhere in the near future.
Was no bigger psu fan then me. Now I canít hardly stand to watch them. This isnít psu football. This is crap. May get trimmed up against Maryland.. at least 4 losses this year.
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-14-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECK SHOT View Post
Not ever!!! With Franklin as the coach. He is terrible! I would like to see an offensive line somewhere in the near future.
Was no bigger psu fan then me. Now I canít hardly stand to watch them. This isnít psu football. This is crap. May get trimmed up against Maryland.. at least 4 losses this year.
YEP!! A disgusting 3-0 so far!! lol

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-14-2019, 09:12 PM

These games against Buffalo and Pitt have exposed the O line as a weakness. They're not going to hold up through the Big 10 schedule. They look decent running the ball, but the pass protection is a major concern. This is like Pitt's superbowl, so I never expected a blow out, but PSU pass rush wasn't nearly as effective as I thought they would be.

The thing I can't understand about today's game was that PSU went on that 1 long drive and scored a TD, much of which was done on the back of Noah Cain, but I don't think the kid played another snap after that series. I don't get it. If you're going to rotate 4 backs you have to play the hot hand.

I'm predicting a 3 loss season at this point.
jimbridger likes this.
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Unread 09-15-2019, 10:06 AM

That Pitt QB looked good but chocked when the game was on the line.

The PSU QB looked raw with a lot of up side to him when he gets to know his receivers better. The kid has guts and played well under pressure. Franklin needs to provide a dump off man for him. A TE with hands will open up that long ball and they need to run to set up the pass not pass to set up the run. That line has to do better. The secondary needs plenty of work. Waugh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in