Steelers 2019/2020 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 69Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 2A
Posts: 416
Back To Top
Steelers 2019/2020

Well might as well get it started guys,drama gone and back to normalcy. I like what i am seeing so far we look much faster on D. Bush going to be a nice player,WR look good also. Some tough cuts comming up at LB and safety. Still think they need a TE and hopefully they will get one after the cuts. I think Rudolph has solidfied his #2 spot and I may be crazy but I would trade Dobbs i think they could get a 5th for him and that Hodge kid theres something about him that i like,kid has no fear and looks like he can sling it. I hope he has a big game this last preseason game to keep them thinking,They keep saying he has no chance but i think the kid has a shot to make the team. My prediction is 11-5 and winning the Division and a #3 seed barring Ben going down.
steelhead125 likes this.
Dukehunter3 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:02 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: pa
Posts: 2,059
Back To Top
Drama is not completely gone. AB just said to Ben to shut up and they were never friends. I am excited how the defense is looking. Your right, there is something about Hodges that i like. Trade Dobbs and keep rudolph and Hodges. The colts are looking for a QB.

4B
pchunter1231 is online now  
post #3 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 09:11 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington County PA
Posts: 11,420
Back To Top
Think you guys may be right. Trade Dobbs and keep Duck in reserve...

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
Born2Hunt is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:39 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,838
Back To Top
I very much doubt they will trade Dobbs. He’s still on his rookie contract, plus he’s had very little game experience. He threw one good pass in a game where Ben was out for a series and completely stunk when Ben got hurt against the Raiders. He’s not very accurate either. I doubt any team would give up more than a 7th round pick for him, 6th at best.

There’s no doubt they need another TE. Grimble is at best a third TE and Gentry is a project. I think they will have to trade to get an upgrade unless some team cuts an established veteran. Even then, they’re up against the cap and would have to do some maneuvering. With McDonald’s injury history, they’re dangerously thin at that position.

It will be interesting to see which WRs they keep. JuJu, Moncrief, Washington, and Johnson will make the team. I think either Switzer or Rogers make it, but not both. I’d keep Switzer; he’s more versatile and is a better punt returner, and also returns KOs, which Rogers doesn’t. I think if they keep 6 WRs, Rogers has a better chance, but I think either Holton or Spencer would make it for special teams.

They definitely look faster on defense. We’ll see if they can force more turnovers. That’s critical. They only had 8 INTs last year.

It will be interesting to see which punter makes the team.

They have a tough schedule. Their division will be tough, they open with the Patriots on the road, which almost a guaranteed loss. They play the AFC South and the NFC West, plus the Chargers. 10 wins would be an accomplishment.
Buckethead likes this.

Last edited by Trout Traveler; 08-28-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Trout Traveler is offline  
post #5 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Buckethead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Ima Clarkonian!
Posts: 19,815
Back To Top
I love, love, love Devin Bush. I know preseason is just a microcosm but what little I've seen so far I've been impressed. The one play last week where he got "blocked" out of a play and the Titans had a big run, he was being held by the face mask by the OT. That kid is just all over the field. Ben looked really solid and I was glad to see him get Montcreif involved. Big Mac needs to catch those passes. I think Rudy has sewn up the #2 QB spot. He's just been so much more consistent than Dobbs with one less year experience. I'm excited about this year. I think the world has finally seen this whole AB debacle isn't solely on Ben's shoulders. Everyone was quick to excuse his antics as Ben's fault but even before playing one snap with the Raiders, the crap show has continued. Stillers n'at.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Buckethead is offline  
post #6 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:19 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Armstrong County 2D Hunter
Posts: 2,135
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
I very much doubt they will trade Dobbs. He’s still on his rookie contract, plus he’s had very little game experience. He threw one good pass in a game where Ben was out for a series and completely stunk when Ben got hurt against the Raiders. He’s not very accurate either. I doubt any team would give up more than a 7th round pick for him, 6th at best.

There’s no doubt they need another TE. Grimble is at best a third TE and Gentry is a project. I think they will have to trade to get an upgrade unless some team cuts an established veteran. Even then, they’re up against the cap and would have to do some maneuvering. With McDonald’s injury history, they’re dangerously thin at that position.

It will be interesting to see which WRs they keep. JuJu, Moncrief, Washington, and Johnson will make the team. I think either Switzer or Rogers make it, but not both. I’d keep Switzer; he’s more versatile and is a better punt returner, and also returns KOs, which Rogers doesn’t. I think if they keep 6 WRs, Rogers has a better chance, but I think either Holton or Spencer would make it for special teams.

They definitely look faster on defense. We’ll see if they can force more turnovers. That’s critical. They only had 8 INTs last year.

It will be interesting to see which punter makes the team.

They have a tough schedule. Their division will be tough, they open with the Patriots on the road, which almost a guaranteed loss. They play the AFC South and the NFC West, plus the Chargers. 10 wins would be an accomplishment.
This is not a racist statement but fact..... in the last 50 years 95 % or more of all kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns were by a black man.

Let the hammer down easy...don't jar it.
Henned Talker Pro Staff

sq32 is offline  
post #7 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:22 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,190
Back To Top
I think it's all on JUJU. If he is the second coming of AB talent wise and is a top 10 #1 receiver they will finish 10-6 or 11-5 and have a shot at the division. If he can't draw the double coverages like AB creating a lot of the offensive and big plays they are in real trouble (8-8 or 7-9)

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
dragman is online now  
post #8 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:27 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,838
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
I love, love, love Devin Bush. I know preseason is just a microcosm but what little I've seen so far I've been impressed. The one play last week where he got "blocked" out of a play and the Titans had a big run, he was being held by the face mask by the OT. That kid is just all over the field. Ben looked really solid and I was glad to see him get Montcreif involved. Big Mac needs to catch those passes. I think Rudy has sewn up the #2 QB spot. He's just been so much more consistent than Dobbs with one less year experience. I'm excited about this year. I think the world has finally seen this whole AB debacle isn't solely on Ben's shoulders. Everyone was quick to excuse his antics as Ben's fault but even before playing one snap with the Raiders, the crap show has continued. Stillers n'at.
Not a lot of people know this, but EVERY receiving TD in Brown’s pro career came from Ben. He’s never caught a TD from any other QB, excluding pre-season (I have no idea if he caught TDs from other QBs then, but those games don’t count). He will undoubtedly catch some TDs in Oakland, but I think he’s going to see a serious drop off in QB quality.
Dukehunter3 likes this.

Last edited by Trout Traveler; 08-28-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Trout Traveler is offline  
post #9 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:30 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: pa
Posts: 2,059
Back To Top
I am predicting AB will have cold feet in Oakland and his production dropping with a subpar QB. I think the steelers defense steps up big this year to help the offense.

4B
pchunter1231 is online now  
post #10 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Buckethead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Ima Clarkonian!
Posts: 19,815
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
Not a lot of people know this, but EVERY receiving TD in Brown’s pro career came from Ben. He’s never caught a TD from any other QB, excluding pre-season (I have no idea if caught TDs from other QBs then, but those games don’t count). He will undoubtedly catch some TDs in Oakland, but I think he’s going to see a serious drop off in QB quality.

Oh absolutely. That's why I think he's making such an issue out of the whole helmet thing. He claimed the new ones impaired his vision. (It later came out he didn't like them because they didn't look as good) I think the whole vision thing was his way of getting out ahead of his pending drop in production. He'll still make catches but Carr is not Ben. This whole thing with him was about money. He wasn't the highest paid anymore and he couldn't take that.
Dukehunter3 likes this.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Buckethead is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome