Steelers 2019/2020 - Page 30 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #291 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I was huge on that Fitzpatrick trade, they will not get a player of that caliper in draft at where they will be picking! And i would still take a look at Gordon granted he has had his problems with drugs but would be a up grade if he could be what his talent says. If he doesn t pan out just cut him and move on,won t cost you much. They need another wide out and he can stretch a defense with his speed. I seen where 9 teams have already made calls about him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukehunter3 View Post
I was huge on that Fitzpatrick trade. They will not get a player of that caliber in draft at where they will be picking! And I would still take a look at Gordon. Granted, he has had his problems with drugs but would be a upgrade if he could be what his talent says. If he doesn’t pan out, just cut him and move on; won’t cost you much. They need another wide out and he can stretch a defense with his speed. I saw where 9 teams have already made calls about him.
The Seahawks claimed Gordon.
post #293 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 11:42 PM

I told my buddies they were going to go after Minkah and some thought I was crazy. Thrilled they did. Definitely worth a 1st round pick. Especially with their recent history on DB’s.

I would have to disagree about Tomlin, especially today. Tomlin and Fichtner played to not lose in the last series instead of playing to win. Way too conservative and they almost paid the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #294 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125 View Post
35 yard penalty on a ball overthrown by 10 yards. Unbelievable.
YEAH what is pass Interference and even if you do challange it they won’t overturn it! Good win today; D was a little shaky but made plays when they had to. And our young QB needs to learn to get rid of the ball. But that’s part of the learning process. A guy clearly pushes off and we challenge and no, play stands. Why have this stupid review system if you’re not going to get it right? If the Rat birds lose tonight and looking at our schedule we can play with any team left on it IMO could very well end up 10-6 or 11-5!
I hate to burst your bubble, but there’s no way the Steelers finish 11-5. I don’t even see them finishing 10-6. Their remaining schedule:

Rams
@ Browns
@ Bengals
Browns
@ Cardinals
Bills
@ Jets
@ Ravens

I think they will lose to the Rams and Ravens and possibly the Cardinals. The Steelers play poorly out west, and the Cardinals have improved. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost one of the games to the Browns. Obviously, I hope they do better than I think they will, but I think at best they will finish 9-7.
post #295 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but there’s no way the Steelers finish 11-5. I don’t even see them finishing 10-6. Their remaining schedule:

Rams
@ Browns
@ Bengals
Browns
@ Cardinals
Bills
@ Jets
@ Ravens

I think they will lose to the Rams and Ravens and possibly the Cardinals. The Steelers play poorly out west, and the Cardinals have improved. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost one of the games to the Browns. Obviously, I hope they do better than I think they will, but I think at best they will finish 9-7.
Unless the offense picks it up a little, i see them going 8-8 or even 7-9. The defense is doing its part.

4B
post #296 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Quote:

Rams
@ Browns
@ Bengals
Browns
@ Cardinals
Bills
@ Jets
@ Ravens

Unless the offense picks it up a little, I see them going 8-8 or even 7-9. The defense is doing its part.
Agreed. The Steelers were lucky to beat the Colts. I think 8-8 is very likely.
post #297 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 09:25 AM

At this point I'm happy for any win we can muster. I'm surprised we've been able to manage .500 at this point with all the injuries they've had.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #298 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:

Rams
@ Browns
@ Bengals
Browns
@ Cardinals
Bills
@ Jets
@ Ravens

im not seeing a team on that schedule they can nt beat! providing they stay healthy. and you know im not big on Dupree but he played his best game as a Steeler yesterday and has stepped up as of late.
post #299 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Rams
@ Browns
@ Bengals
Browns
@ Cardinals
Bills
@ Jets
@ Ravens

im not seeing a team on that schedule they can nt beat! providing they stay healthy. and you know im not big on Dupree but he played his best game as a Steeler yesterday and has stepped up as of late.
I'm seeing 10-6
Colts were a middle of the road team without there #1 receiver and they went to the #3 qb early in the game. And it was HORRIBLE Officiating. I still don't know if they are a good team or not??? Win is a win but it's so hard to judge????
But they are losing against Baltimore the last week of the season unless they are resting players. And the bills D is gonna kill our offense. Other games are all coin flips except cinci which is like beating up a handicap child

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #300 of 355 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:19 AM

Moncrief was claimed by the Panthers, so they will pick up his salary the rest of the year. The Steelers will get a cap hit for next year’s portion of his signing bonus, but they will save his salary. They will likely recoup the 3rd round compensatory pick they would have lost if they had kept him. I think the only way they would lose it is if the Jets cut Bell or the Lions cut James, but neither team will do that. The salary cap hits would be too big.

Last edited by Trout Traveler; 11-05-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page