Steelers 2019/2020 - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 232Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:58 AM
The Man

I know last night was rough but I thought Snell has been underwhelming all preseason. Gets tackled from behind far too easily. He will make the team because of where he was picked but I hope he improves. Maybe the game is too fast from a mental aspect for him right now.
Danesdad likes this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125 View Post
I know last night was rough but I thought Snell has been underwhelming all preseason. Gets tackled from behind far too easily. He will make the team because of where he was picked but I hope he improves. Maybe the game is too fast from a mental aspect for him right now.
It may take him a year to get adjusted to the flow of the NFL. I hope he improves and i think he has some upside but he goes down way to easy. He has shown some not a lot of flashes of what he can do.

4B
post #23 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
The blocking last night was awful. I think he will still make the team. He’s a 4th round pick, can catch the ball, and play special teams.
Doesnt matter who was the running back last night. Those RB's has people grabbing them before the ball was handed off. OL was terrible. Devlin would take 1 step back and had people in his face. I think he will be good in a few years. Dobbs just doesn't look right this year.
Hodges will be cut by the Steelers. The only way he makes the team is if Dobbs is traded, which isn’t likely. They will not keep 3 QBs on the roster and another on the practice squad. They played him in the 2nd half to give him a chance to be picked up by another team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yeah they ll cut Hodges but he clearly throws a better ball than Dobbs, I have never been big on Dobbs Said it last yr and still feel he can never be a starting QB in this league or win you a couple games if Ben goes down!! Snell looks like a bust to me,he has had a few chances to get good runs and can t break the tackle or make 1 guy miss. Running backs either have it or they don t and he doesn t from what I ve seen. I think Edmonds is a better back personally.
post #25 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:44 PM

Rudolph is now the backup

4B
post #26 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 12:41 AM

Dobbs is a career backup. I’m not ready to say Snell is a bust based on a couple of preseason games. It takes some guys longer to adjust to the speed of the NFL.
post #27 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 11:39 AM

Today is cut down day. Teams have until 4 PM today to cut their rosters to 53 players. Once players clear waivers, 10 players who are eligible for the practice squad can be signed. I often see people refer to teams “hiding” a player on the practice squad. Another team can sign a player from another team’s practice squad at any time. But they have to assign him to the active roster. Teams cannot pull a player off another team’s practice squad just before they have a game against the team from whom they would be signing.

I think if a player has two years or less of accrued seasons in the NFL, they are eligible for the practice squad. A player can only be on a team’s practice squad for two years.

I think the Steelers will keep Snell, cut Edmunds (RB) and try to sign Edmunds to the practice squad. There’s much less of a chance he’ll be claimed by another team than Snell.

I’m interested to see how many receivers they keep and who, which LBs make the team, which players in the secondary, and which player is the punter. Also, the Steelers almost always claim a player or two from other team’s cuts. I HOPE they get another TE, either via trade or cut from another team.
post #28 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 12:03 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
Today is cut down day. Teams have until 4 PM today to cut their rosters to 53 players. Once players clear waivers, 10 players who are eligible for the practice squad can be signed. I often see people refer to teams “hiding” a player on the practice squad. Another team can sign a player from another team’s practice squad at any time. But they have to assign him to the active roster. Teams cannot pull a player off another team’s practice squad just before they have a game against the team from whom they would be signing.

I think if a player has two years or less of accrued seasons in the NFL, they are eligible for the practice squad. A player can only be on a team’s practice squad for two years.

I think the Steelers will keep Snell, cut Edmunds (RB) and try to sign Edmunds to the practice squad. There’s much less of a chance he’ll be claimed by another team than Snell.

I’m interested to see how many receivers they keep and who, which LBs make the team, which players in the secondary, and which player is the punter. Also, the Steelers almost always claim a player or two from other team’s cuts. I HOPE they get another TE, either via trade or cut from another team.
I think a trade for a TE will be the most significant impact once the dust settles. Really like Skipper and Gilbert. Hope they keep both of those guys.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter

Last edited by steelhead125; 08-31-2019 at 12:05 PM.
post #29 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 05:24 PM

Steelers cut Edmunds the RB and kept Snell as expected. As expected, they cut Hodges.

The Patriots cut Brian Hoyer, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs with the Colts.

They only kept 5 WRs: Juju, Moncrief, Washington, Johnson, and Switzer. Holton, Spencer, and Eli Rogers were cut. Rogers will probably be picked up by another team.

They kept Skipper and Grant. I thought if they kept Grant that they’d cut Matekavich, but they didn’t.

They cut Berryman so Berry will be the P.

They traded Hawkins to the Bucs with their 7th round pick for the Bucs’ 6th rounder, which is a good trade because he was going to be cut.

Now we’ll see if they pick up or trade for a TE. If, so, they will have cut someone to make room.
ruger300 likes this.
post #30 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

They could use another safety also and have to do something at TE. I thought Holton had a chance or Spencer,maybe they will get on PS. I think that Kelly kid has chance to play over Davis at safety due to Davis being hurt he may lose his job if Kelly plays well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page