Steelers 2019/2020 - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 232Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:05 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,916
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
Not a lot of people know this, but EVERY receiving TD in Brown’s pro career came from Ben. He’s never caught a TD from any other QB, excluding pre-season (I have no idea if caught TDs from other QBs then, but those games don’t count). He will undoubtedly catch some TDs in Oakland, but I think he’s going to see a serious drop off in QB quality.

Oh absolutely. That's why I think he's making such an issue out of the whole helmet thing. He claimed the new ones impaired his vision. (It later came out he didn't like them because they didn't look as good) I think the whole vision thing was his way of getting out ahead of his pending drop in production. He'll still make catches but Carr is not Ben. This whole thing with him was about money. He wasn't the highest paid anymore and he couldn't take that.
I believe most players would take championships over money and stats. Brown would not.
Dukehunter3 likes this.
Trout Traveler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:15 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,327
Back To Top
here is my take on AB,
He spoiled - YES
Does he care about money more than championships - YES
Is he arrogant enough to sabotage a whole team just because he is who he is - YES


Is he a top 3 talent at receiver in the entire league- YES
Is he the reason that juju got half the yards he did - YES


I think all of this was miss managed Horribly from the beginning. He is a child and should be treated as such. I think the team Ben included should have protected his ego and he wouldn't have thrown a hissy fit. Ben calling him out and juju getting the team MVP set him over the top and his ego was to fragile to deal with it. Does that make him wrong sure does, but I don't believe for a minute they are better without him. If Ben never calls him out and they give him or Ben the MVP they are a legit SB contender this year.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
dragman is online now  
post #13 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 2A
Posts: 477
Back To Top
Id say if you have the one of best QB and OL in the league and a improved Defense you have a shot at being a legit SB contender!!
Dukehunter3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Buckethead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Ima Clarkonian!
Posts: 19,905
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman View Post


I think all of this was miss managed Horribly from the beginning. He is a child and should be treated as such. I think the team Ben included should have protected his ego and he wouldn't have thrown a hissy fit.
I disagree. The #1 reason for his hissy fit was he wanted more money. He knew the Steelers wouldn't rework his contract a year after he signed one which at the time, made him the highest paid receiver in the league. When someone else (the WR from the Chiefs IIRC) got more money than him, he started is petulant --. Ben "calling him out" was just a convenient excuse. Had that not happened he would have found another reason to melt down. This always was about money and nothing else.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Buckethead is offline  
post #15 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 2A
Posts: 477
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
I disagree. The #1 reason for his hissy fit was he wanted more money. He knew the Steelers wouldn't rework his contract a year after he signed one which at the time, made him the highest paid receiver in the league. When someone else (the WR from the Chiefs IIRC) got more money than him, he started is petulant --. Ben "calling him out" was just a convenient excuse. Had that not happened he would have found another reason to melt down. This always was about money and nothing else.
Spot on
Dukehunter3 is offline  
post #16 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:43 PM
The Man
 
steelhead125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Steeler Country 2D/2C
Posts: 8,305
Back To Top
Guys I think Rudolph may be the real deal. Last year I would of never said that but watching how comfortable he is in the pocket this year and his accuracy is really impressing me. Weird situation with not knowing how long Ben plans to keep playing.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
steelhead125 is online now  
post #17 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 2A
Posts: 477
Back To Top
I think he is also, should be ready in a couple more yrs,and will know the system,This Hodge kids getting killed tonight OL stinks
steelhead125 likes this.
Dukehunter3 is offline  
post #18 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 08:58 AM
The Man
 
steelhead125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Steeler Country 2D/2C
Posts: 8,305
Back To Top
Benny Snell has been a huge disappointment. So much hype on him when he got drafted and he cant break a tackle to save his life.
Danesdad and Dukehunter3 like this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
steelhead125 is online now  
post #19 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:15 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,916
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125 View Post
Benny Snell has been a huge disappointment. So much hype on him when he got drafted and he can’t break a tackle to save his life.
The blocking last night was awful. I think he will still make the team. He’s a 4th round pick, can catch the ball, and play special teams.
Trout Traveler is offline  
post #20 of 388 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:19 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: pa
Posts: 2,323
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
The blocking last night was awful. I think he will still make the team. Hes a 4th round pick, can catch the ball, and play special teams.
Doesnt matter who was the running back last night. Those RB's has people grabbing them before the ball was handed off. OL was terrible. Devlin would take 1 step back and had people in his face. I think he will be good in a few years. Dobbs just doesnt look right this year.

4B
pchunter1231 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome