The Official 2019 Pirates Thread - Page 17 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
They do have revenue sharing. The huge TV contract is divided up among the ML teams...which is a gift for the Pirates, because they are never good enough to be on national TV. Nutting doesn't invest that money in the team. That's how he makes major league profit with crowds of 8000 watching his triple A level team.

Got to call you out on this one. I think "crowds of 8000" is being quite generous.

Suburban redneck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Now if we could only fire the ownership.....
Danesdad likes this.
post #163 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgrad25 View Post
Got to call you out on this one. I think "crowds of 8000" is being quite generous.
OK, you may be right. I can imagine those September games, on a school night, when the team is 30 games out and it's cold outside. 8000 might be pushing it.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Jeff Banister & Phil Nevin are the only names I've heard from "sources" in the media.

A couple of others that were brought up as "Man, that would be nice" - Jay Bell, Some guy named Aul, and of course Maddon (no thank you)

Then there are the not likely - Jason Kendall, Lloyd McClendon, and a host of highly doubtful names.

None of it matters based on their decision to retain upper management but still worth mentioning.

They also redid the TV deal, I hate saying this but I kind of hoped Huntington and crew would screw it up and AT&T would say forget you. Curious how stadium naming rights will go too.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #165 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 09:40 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Jay Bell would be my choice also,not that it maters as long as NH still is there. I heard that too about ATT deal,never heard what the # where. They where saying on Fan that Dodgers got like 200 miillion for there deal and we got 20mill how stupid is that!! so hopefully they upped the $ this time around. Now all they have to do is not let Nutting spend it on the new pool at 7 Springs or maybe a new ski lift and go get some pitching!!
post #166 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 08:39 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukehunter3 View Post
Well maybe not! look at the records of the teams in the playoffs this yr over the last 10,Tampa Rays have the lowest payroll in baseball, how bout Cleveland,Minnesota, Oakland, Brewers ? Id even list the St Louis in the mix. The Pirates are the same boat as those teams. What they have is a good minor league system and front office. Its a crime what they have done to a great baseball town and it won t get any better with Neal running it. They have ruined a great baseball town and winning is the only way to fix it! I have no faith what so ever in NH running this Franchise,he had his shot and did well at the start but failed to get the final piece to get to the WS. and his last 4 yrs have been well lets stay at 500 and they will come and follow. Bottom line is he needed to Go!!
Well sometimes dreams do come true!! Pirates fire Neil Huntington,bout time!!
post #167 of 167 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

NH and some of his cronies all gone. Nutting still owns but if there is truth the rumors about his Dad getting ticked off he is running their family name into the ground them maybe he will do good. I think the hire of Travis Williams, coming from a championship organization like the Pens, is a great first step.
Dukehunter3 likes this.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page