This year's HAll class. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dukehunter3

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

This year's HAll class.

Braden Halladay, Roy's oldest son who has signed to pitch at Penn State, tweeted a tribute to his father.

Mussina was an 11th-round pick out of Montoursville, Pennsylvania, in 1987, but he went to Stanford University and then was a first-round pick of the Baltimore Orioles in 1990. He is now a Hall of Famer.

Mariano Rivera, Edgar Martinez, Roy Halladay, Mike Mussina elected Baseball Hall Fame

The only other player elected on the first ballot posthumously was Christy Mathewson in 1936.

BTW Christy Mathewson is also from PA. like Mussina. Dalton PA. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:01 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Great class and they all are well deserving would have like to seen F Mcgriff get in. Remember when Holiday threw that no hitter in the playoffs was the best performance i ever seen man was he locked in,and Mussina was a guy who didnt get the reconigtion i though he deserved but when you look at his # you say to yourself man this guy was pretty good!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Our homeboy Mike Mussina was good. really good but to me he falls just below the great level. I think they gave him credit for playing on a poor team for many years. Sort of the same with Holladay but I think Holladay was great and played too many years on a weak team. The big market teams get the votes. The teams that win championships get the votes. I think if Mussina or Holladay stayed with one team and had no rings they would not be in the hall.

I even think E Martinez is a reach. As much as I hate the Yankees I thing Rivera has earned his place in the hall with the GOATs Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 02:10 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yeah im not a yankees fan either but he was a no doubter as will be Jeter. Martinez i look at it this way that D Ortiz will get in so Edgar deserves it also he was a great hitter and injurys took him out of playing the field.
jimbridger likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 07:30 AM

Sorry but NO RedSox player should be in the HOF, except maybe Ted Williams ( and only because he was a combat veteran).
Next year Derek Jeter for sure!

The spirit of our day is a soft acceptance of everything—except deep conviction in anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page