Steelers 2018-2019 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 280Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Steelers 2018-2019

A new season should have a new thread. They played exactly like a team that only played a few series together in preseason. I'm sure that tie won't come back to bite them in the behind in the post season.
jimbridger likes this.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:03 AM

Hey wait, I thought everybody on this site quit watching football?

The spirit of our day is a soft acceptance of everything—except deep conviction in anything.
post #3 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:13 AM

Not me!
I think people were way to high on Pittsburgh this year. I mean they are supposed to have the best offense in the league? 8 starters in the pro bowl and they kicked 38 field goals last year. That doesn't add up. Also they won I believe 4 games last year on last second field goals. I think they are closer to a 500 team this year than a #1 or #2 seed

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman View Post
Not me!
I think people were way to high on Pittsburgh this year. I mean they are supposed to have the best offense in the league? 8 starters in the pro bowl and they kicked 38 field goals last year. That doesn't add up. Also they won I believe 4 games last year on last second field goals. I think they are closer to a 500 team this year than a #1 or #2 seed
Doesn"t add up? There defense has been the problem !! Not the offense
post #5 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I’ll start watching when they start respecting the flag.
bohunr likes this.
post #6 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:00 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Squealers who?

Suburban redneck.
post #7 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:00 PM

Geez, anyone actually play high school football or higher?

In that kind of rain, almost anything can, and did happen. It's not an "excuse", but it is reality. The balls can be kept only so dry, the footing is only so good, and much more randomness comes into play because of that.

With how many turnovers, crap conditions, a turnover that ends up on the one yard line, and a field goal missed by two feet, on the road, and they almost won. And didn't lose. In a game where the officiating was the only thing more terrible than the weather or overall quality of play.

The Browns have indeed improved significantly on D, Myles Garrett is the Real Deal, and we'll see how Ward does over 16 games. But a #1 overall and #4 overall should improve a defense unless the picks are totally blown, and I don't think they were.

It's one game, lots of ACLs, broken bones, and bad calls yet to go. Yep, should've won, Ben did not have his best game, but really, it's not like the second coming of the end of the world, not in that rain.

Some good plays made on both sides. AB makes an incredible catch over a DB, as does Josh Gordon. JG may be a head case, but is physically talented. Coverage was there, can't play it any better, but the WR made a play. Because he had ganja problems does not mean physically he cannot play. And give Conner a break, he made one bad play, had a great game, and the RB situation he is in is not his doing. Just roll with it.

Anyone who has taken a snap, tried to catch the ball, tried to hold the ball, or make a cut in that kind of monsoon will agree. If not, then you just must like to complain because of an unrealistic expectation that pros are somehow superhuman over the elements. Ain't happening.

A closed mind keeps the truth out
post #8 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:19 PM

Got to give them a little credit. They did go neck and neck with the worst team in football.
jimbridger, JasonN and Bigbrownie like this.
post #9 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 07:41 PM

Now I'll give it up. They just ain't too good. Long season, but be lucky to sniff the playoffs.

Wasn't Tomlin a defensive coach? Can't tell with this team the past two years.......
JasonN likes this.

A closed mind keeps the truth out
post #10 of 725 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 07:48 PM

The Leveon Bell hold out is consuming them. If they lose a couple more games, they won't sign him for sure.

The spirit of our day is a soft acceptance of everything—except deep conviction in anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page