Penn State 2018 Predictions - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Penn State 2018 Predictions

Like Franklin said yesterday.....playing like an inexperienced team. Glad they knocked off PITT but with a tough schedule ahead...hoping they can get their act together. Only football I watch anymore so I sure hope our Nittany Lions can stay in the running to keep things interesting!!
jimbridger and bearhollow like this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 10:28 AM

That was like a game of two halves. Pitt was trying to give the game away in the first half and Penn State wasn't accepting it. I guess they graciously decided to capitalize in the third quarter.

I was half-watching the second half so I don't know what adjustments they made, but it's going to be tough coming away with wins against OSU, MSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin with the middle of the defense playing like they did the first half of the game. There was no fighting through blocks and the linebackers and safeties looked afraid to make a tackle.

This offense is going to put up 35 points or so against most opponents I reckon. I just don't think that's going to be enough some of these big 10 games.
jimbridger and Loggy like this.
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 12:24 PM

Not clicking on all cylinders. The D looked like they could not stop a mini football team. The receivers could not catch a cold and made their short QB look even shorter. The O line seemed ok on a sloppy field but not like the line they really are or were last year. I think they need to establish the run game into a north south game if they want to play with the big boys this year. Our secondary was untested in this game hard to tell if they improved from the first.

I could accept the passing TD to the backup. That was designed to keep them honest against the run but turned into a TD.

I did not like the review even when it looked like he was right. A little bit of class would have gone a long way. First time coach Franklin has let me down.
Prediction I see a two loss season at best. Hope I am wrong. Waugh!
Loggy likes this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 12:39 PM

Scoring 40-50 points per game, they will be in every game. As the season goes on, the defense will get itself together. Good adjustments made last night after they firgured out Pitt couldn't throw the ball. Offensive line better than last year. Running game with time will be as good as last year. Receivers need to hang onto the ball, although conditions last night were a bit rough. Some of the young receivers may begin to see more playing time if the regulars don't step up. Hamler is something special. There are a ton of players getting good playing time under pressure conditions. Parson's made some big steps after the first game. He will get better every game. App State was just the type of opener they needed. Kent State will be another good test this week.

I think Franklin was telling his team last not that the game isn't over until the final whistle. Lesson learned from the App State game.

Another 10+ win season.
Loggy likes this.
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 02:16 PM
The Man

They lost almost half of their starting defense, and the entire secondary, to the NFL draft last year. I have no idea how anyone reasonably expects them to replace that, let alone by the first two games of this season. They need to get better than they are as a defensive unit, and they will.
As was stated before, those receivers need to do a MUCH better job of catching the ball. With Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Ohio State on the schedule, I will be fairly happy if they finish 10-2 this year and then you never know what you'll get in the bowl game.
They've lost a lot of weaponry since last year...after the NCAA penalties that they went through, it's a miracle that we are even talking about them playing at this level...
Loggy likes this.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Sept 29 they will have their first real test vs No. 4 Ohio State. Ole Urban will be back in the saddle by then. Be nice if our Nittany Lions could give him a "friendly" welcome!!
jimbridger likes this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 05:16 PM

Defense is not looking good so far. Won't be able to hang with the big dogs if this keeps up. I predict a 3 loss season.
Loggy likes this.
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

A lot of new people in new places on D. Give this time, it will be fine. This is a much more athletic team than we have had in any other year of the CJF era. The experience will come, and when it does, look out.
Loggy likes this.

Never underestimate pride; it can be a Man's greatest strength or his worst enemy

Never Forget.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Sage

PSU's first Big 10 game of the season on tap Friday night(9/21)!! Hoping our boys quickly take the fight out of the Illinois Fighting Illini!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 12:28 AM
The Man

Definitely strange watching PSU on a Friday night! Took a little while, but they pulled away in the second half! For the Glory... WE ARE....... PENN STATE!
Loggy likes this.

Live, Love, Laugh.

If that don't work...

Raise, Aim and Fire. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/uzi.gif[/img]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page