NFL Draft 2018 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

NFL Draft 2018

Ok all the experts seem to say Cleveland will pick a QB first. I have to ask why? Of the top 3 QB's is one THAT much better?
All the same experts also keep saying that Barkley is the best player out there. Why not pick the best first? Money? Value? none of it makes sense to me.

I am not a Cleveland fan. But if I was picking in this draft for them I would take Barkley first and take the best QB left 4th. Why chance the next 2 teams will pass on the best player in the draft.

Any opinions on this?

Who should the Eagles draft?

Who should the Steelers draft.

I sure wish Barkley would be around when ether of these get to pick. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 04:08 PM
Sage

Ihope Barkley goes with the Giants , at least we would see him occasionally.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 04:15 PM

I think the only way Cleveland doesn’t take a QB #1 is if they take Barkley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 04:52 PM

Cleveland is going to blow it (I mean it's pretty much a given that they mess this up somehow), but If I was them I would look at the team they have. Defense isn't really that bad the offense was just so terrible they where always in a bad spot. They now how LEGIT receivers and Tyrod isn't a great QB but he can win you 8-10 games which is the equivalent of a super bowl for Cleveland and he also doesn't turn the ball over. They have some decent RB signings in the off season too. so I suggest Trade a the #1 for a proven player that can help you right now say Gronk. Then use the rest of the draft to build a KILLER line.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman View Post
Cleveland is going to blow it (I mean it's pretty much a given that they mess this up somehow), but If I was them I would look at the team they have. Defense isn't really that bad the offense was just so terrible they where always in a bad spot. They now how LEGIT receivers and Tyrod isn't a great QB but he can win you 8-10 games which is the equivalent of a super bowl for Cleveland and he also doesn't turn the ball over. They have some decent RB signings in the off season too. so I suggest Trade a the #1 for a proven player that can help you right now say Gronk. Then use the rest of the draft to build a KILLER line.
Tyrod Taylor couldn't win 10 games in a division that includes the Jets and Dolphins, no where near the caliber of defenses he will face in Pittsburgh and Baltimore, and even Cincy isn't the mess NYJ and MIA are. One of the reasons the Pats record is inflated is they play in a division that has consistently produced average or less competition.

Gronk may have a year or two left, at best. He finally said he was going to play in 2018. Trade him to Cleveland and he'll retire the next day. The guy is beat up and abused with some significant injuries over the years and he's made his money. He's on the decline and one big shot by a linebacker or nasty strong safety could end it for him. Great player, but lots of miles. Insane to trade the #1 draft pick for him unless you get both of NE's number one's and a couple more picks.

The "legit" receivers are only that if they have someone to deliver the rock. Gordon is one bong away from permanent banishment. Landry feasted in a weak division and gained yards once NE was up by 21 in the 4th on the Fins. The AFC Least.

It's a QB league, and Cleveland has blown it big time with Manzel, Brady Quinn, and others. Last good pick was Couch, and they put him in with basically a MAC lineup around him. You take the QB at #1, and then take Chubb or Barkley who's left at #4. If both are left, you take Chubb, then pick up the franchise RB on Day Two unless a defensive stud slips to the top of Round 2.

Of course, they will take Allen, thinking he is the Next Big Thing for QBs out of a Non-Power-Five conference, aka Carson Wentz, and he'll go on to maintain that mid 50's completion percentage and get booed out of The Mistake By The Lake.

When you have many QBs touted by the pundits as being The Guy, then you really don't have The Guy. Time will tell who will emerge out of Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, Rosen, Jackson, and on and on. Maybe none do. Certainly five or six will not.
jimbridger and simoncool like this.

A closed mind keeps the truth out
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 07:01 AM

Picking a qb first gives hope. Hope sells tickets.

Imo, the stillers need to be finding the qb of the future soon. Mebey not first pick soon, but mebey if the right guy falls to them. If ben goes down, it's season over for the stillers, and probably retirement. I remember what happened to the last stiller dynasty after #7 went on to his lifes work, years of futility. Get a quality qb now, get him ready, cus you may need him sooner than you think.

Pence/Putin 2024
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

If Cleveland drafts another QB first The deserve to get burnt again. I would trade the first pick for a established QB before I took one in the draft when I can get one of the top three after I already picked the best player in the whole draft.

I agree Pitt will have to find a replacement for Ben soon but maybe not in the early rounds or even in this draft. but soon is better than later.

The big question is what are the Eagles needs and is there anyone in the draft that can help. Any place kickers out there? I can't think of any other urgent needs. but RB's always help. Waugh!

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 04:47 PM
Sage

I hope the Eagles take KR and PR Quadre Henderson from Pitt, he has Pitts return record, he is a local kid...
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Well RonM you got your wish and I guess Manning will ride off into the sunset after his next ring. I knew the NY teams would not pass on the best player in the draft. QB's were wild. IMHO Cleveland messed up.

YD looks like Cleveland next move at 4 was to sell tickets drafting a CB from Ohio st.

Just think Cleveland picked a CB from Ohio St and the Kid that torched him from Okla. Does anyone in Cleveland even watch football. Waugh!

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Steelers up next. Waugh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page