Will Crosby be ready? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Will Crosby be ready?

Seems their may or may not be some concern as the season draws near as the actual status of Crosby and his concussion.

<a href="http://eye-on-hockey.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/27694626/31326430" target="_blank">"The thing for me and for the organization is the bigger picture with Sidney Crosby. We want to make sure Sid is 100 percent cleared & ready to play when he does come back. He's not going to be pushed."

</a>

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 12:36 AM

Re: Will Crosby be ready?

Introduce him to Advil and get him on the ice. Or send him to the Gary Roberts School of Manliness, where your instructor is a man who overcame a broken neck to become a 50 goal scorer, and at 41 years of age pummeled Ben Eager and Andy Sutton in the same week.

Were not going to apologize for caring. Were not.
post #3 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

They're not going to tell anybody where he is at. If Malkin returns healthy for the start of the season, Crosby can take his time returning. Although, I am of the opinion that if he's not ready to go now, he never will be. For it to take this long to recover from the 2 hits he took is a bit much. That second one wasn't that bad. He's just gonna have to learn how to play with a little discomfort.

Where have you been?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 AM

The only way to know if he's recovered is to put him out there and let him take a hit. It's a risk, but its the only way. And they need to make sure that anyone on the other team who even considers laying a finger on him spends the night at Allegheny General--just like the Oilers did for Gretzky. If the NHL won't step in, the Pens will have to keep the ice safe themselves. As far as Malkin, I have given up on thinking he has what it takes to carry a team on his shoulders.

Were not going to apologize for caring. Were not.
post #5 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Where have you been?
post #6 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Banned

Sadly I believe that we will never see the real Sidney Crosby again. While I hope that I am wrong, I think that something is still amiss and he may never fully recover. It is doubly hard to swallow after the season he was having last year. He seemed to have finally turned into an ultra elite, superstar that could lift his whole team up and take over games.

At the very least I think you will see a very tentative Crosby out there afraid to grind the way he used to. You can bet that other teams will be targeting him big time and looking to get an "accidental" elbow into his mellon.

The off season workout videos that I have seen of Crosby and Malkin are promising but anyone can look good stick handling around inanimate objects and skating on open ice with nobody around.
post #7 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 PM

Why would anyone have to get an elbow up into Crosby? A good clean hit against the boards Is a cause for concern.
Until he gets 10-12 games in I am not sure anyone knows what to expect.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
post #8 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Not a good situation to be in, that's for sure.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
post #9 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 02:52 AM

I think it has to do more with it being a slow time for hockey news.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #10 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:44 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraskOutdoors
Sadly I believe that we will never see the real Sidney Crosby again. While I hope that I am wrong, I think that something is still amiss and he may never fully recover. It is doubly hard to swallow after the season he was having last year. He seemed to have finally turned into an ultra elite, superstar that could lift his whole team up and take over games.

At the very least I think you will see a very tentative Crosby out there afraid to grind the way he used to. You can bet that other teams will be targeting him big time and looking to get an "accidental" elbow into his mellon.

The off season workout videos that I have seen of Crosby and Malkin are promising but anyone can look good stick handling around inanimate objects and skating on open ice with nobody around.
Wow... way to have some faith in your star player! Crosby will be fine. He was wise to take his time in coming back and he will again be the dominant player he has always been. If the Flyers new system doesn't take like Holmgren thinks it will, the Pens will run away with the division. Holmgren has done it before with a young team, hopefully they switch into the defensive team they are designing themselves into. It will be a fun year to say the least! Can't wait to watch some Flyer hockey real soon!

Live, Love, Laugh.

If that don't work...

Raise, Aim and Fire. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/uzi.gif[/img]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page