Streaming the Pens?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By simoncool
  • 2 Post By cornfed23

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Streaming the Pens??

Armstrong cable going up again. I really want to cut it. I think between Netflix, local antenna, maybe sling I can find plenty of things to watch except Pens. I know about NHL.com streaming but really bad reviews for them plus blackouts. Anyone find a reliable way to watch Pens games without the cable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 06:31 PM

I am interested in this as well. We have been thinking about getting away from cable. Only major hangup is the hockey games. I can live without the pirates.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 05:18 PM

I cut the cable (and satellite) right after the playoffs last year and live sports is what I miss the most. Finding live streams of the games is iffy. Maybe if I was not a techtard I could do better, but even some younger guys I know that have these skills don't get to see every game. If there is a reliable solution, I don't know what it is.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 11:14 AM

IPTV

Pay for a service that's cheaper than cable or satellite and stream it through a Fire Stick or the like. I'm not going to do all the research for you, but start with that....

I'm cutting the Dish after they jack my rates back up. Every time I try to cancel it they offer me a $40/month off which makes it about $45/month and is enough to keep me hooked up to them. When they stop offering I'm shutting it down.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 11:50 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45-70bpcr View Post
Armstrong cable going up again. I really want to cut it. I think between Netflix, local antenna, maybe sling I can find plenty of things to watch except Pens. I know about NHL.com streaming but really bad reviews for them plus blackouts. Anyone find a reliable way to watch Pens games without the cable?
Just be sure you can get locals on antenna if that's important to you . The HD antennas work great if you can get reception, but there are areas they won't work due to the signal being blocked by topography, buildings , trees, ect. I've seen them work in one location and 10 feet away not work at all. Or you can always put up an old time antenna tower.
45-70bpcr likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:02 PM

Well we cut out the dish. I have seen the last several games. If you google Penguins vs (insert team) live stream you can usually find a free one to watch somewhere.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 08:03 AM

We cut Dish as well. Most every IPTV service I've looked at has a plethora of sports channels including: NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice, NBA and MLB as well as most of the Fox Sports Networks, and the national sports networks like ESPN and NBCSN, etc. On top of that there's UK sports channels that are broadcasting our local Pens homers on those channels even though I can't find them on US channels, oddly enough. All that and more for an initial outlay of $40 for a firestick, $8/month for IPTV and whatever it costs for high speed internet that you're almost assuredly already paying for anyway. A VPN is a good idea too, but that can be had cheap as well....a few dollars a month.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Frequent Contributor

we cut cable and dish also have no tv all just an antenna gets a couple local stations but its free I cam live stream any thing I want to watch on my pc no more cable bills raping me! the wife does netflix
JasonN and Danesdad like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page