Tomlin or Cowher ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Tomlin or Cowher ?

Thought id throw this out there,curious to see you what guys think. If you knew what you know now and had the choice would you hire Tomlin or Cowher to be the Steelers coach? and why. my choice would be Cowher for several reasons,#1 he was a more discipline coach towards players. #2 drafted better and recognize needs and went to free agency or draft and addressed that need. #3 would make changes with coaching staff if he felt a certain area was not getting it done. #4 Better game manager #5 would have never let the secondary be as bad as it was before this yr They been bad for awhile back there. Lets hear it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 09:59 PM

If the Steelers were playing cry baby Brady this week would you still be wanting Cowher back?
The Jags were not taken seriously enough unfortunately a good season ended early.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Read the post bud it has nothing to do with losing to jags,and to answer your ? yes i would want Cowher back for the reasons that where stated !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 06:05 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

you bet I'd want him back, and maybe there is a chance!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 06:44 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yes, bring back Cowher because he is qualified for the job. Tomlin was hired because of the Rooney Rule. Not because he was most qualified. Do a Google search . Tomlin freely admits he was interviewed and hired because of the Rooney Rule.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 08:33 PM

At this point Cowher has been out of the game for over 10 years. No I would not want him back. Different league, times change. I'm not saying that Tomlin is a legend(although I do think he is much better than average).
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA53393 View Post
Yes, bring back Cowher because he is qualified for the job. Tomlin was hired because of the Rooney Rule. Not because he was most qualified. Do a Google search . Tomlin freely admits he was interviewed and hired because of the Rooney Rule.
So Bill Cowher, who hasn't coached a game in 10+years is currently "qualified for the job", but Mike Tomlin is not?(even after coaching the Steelers to 2 superbowls and 7 playoff appearances.)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 09:32 PM

Tomlin only won a Super Bowl because he had a team built by Cowher with Colbert.

Tomlin's team is unprepared, uncontrolled, and for anyone who has a QB the size of a Sasquatch and does not sneak it on fourth and a foot not once, but TWICE, needs to go.

Period.

New England would have beaten them yet again by double digits. At least the Jags have a chance against them, being physical and know how to use it and know their strengths and limitations.

As Bradshaw said, Tomlin is a cheerleader. Time to go.

A closed mind keeps the truth out
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 PM

The jags are gonna get rolled.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA53393 View Post
This isnt anything new. Of course, he was going to get hired. The rule is named after the owner who came up with the rule...there was no way they Rooney could hire anyone else. I hear more people wanted Grimm but they had to go with Tomlin...I could care less what color skin a person is, they shouldn't be overlooked for a position but at the same time they darn well shouldn't get hired just because of the color skill they have (white, brown, black, yellow whatever people call people by the color of their skin).

Anyways...off my soapbox for now. If you look at records alone Tomlin is better. But look at the teams Cowher coached. He had QB's like Tommy Maddox, Mike Tomsack, Neil Odonnell and Ben for a few years....You give Cowher players like Ben (in his prime), Antonio Brown, and Bell he would have an awesome record too. Tomlins first few years were a product of Cowher either by having good players or players Cowher drafted that turned into good players. I dont know if its Tomlins fault or not but their draft classes have went downhill since Bill left. Id take Bill over Tomlin any day and thats not based off of the last playoff game
Dukehunter3 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page