Talbots Contract - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Talbots Contract

Looks like Talbots contract violates the CBA has to do with the cap hit in the 2 and 3 years I think. Flyers to be disciplined and have to rework the deal. Im guessing a draft pick or two and cash similar to NJ last year. Couldn't happen the a nicer bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Talbots Contract

As free agency opened up Friday, the Flyers were busy making moves continuing their team makeover.
One of those moves has come into question.

According to TSN.ca, Max Talbot's five-year, $9 million contract is in violation of the league’s salary cap rules.

Talbot reportedly is set to make $2.5 million and $2.25 million respectively over the first two years of the deal but only $1 million in each of the final two years.

This would violate the league’s salary cap rules, because the final two years of the contract can not be less than half of either of the first two years.

Consequently, the Flyers will have to give Talbot an extra $125,000 in either of the final two years (increasing his salary to $1.125 million).

Although the Flyers are unlikely to face a penalty according to the report, they will have to restructure the deal to fit within the salary cap parameters.

vegetarian:
ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who cant hunt or fish.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Confirmation that they dont know what they are doing.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 PM

Or, Talbot's time in pittsburgh actually affected the intelligence of him and his agent and caused them to sign an illegal contract when they were actually owed more money. I've seen pittsburgh do a lot more to people...something about glowing green at nighttime...

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

ch..ch..ch..*click*..BOOM
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 07:43 PM

Talbot or his agent didn't violate the salary cap. Fact is, when Talbot signs anywhere for that amount and for that long-he's hit the jackpot! Her found the goose that laid the golden egg. He's no fool. The fools are the ones that overpay like that. The lack of understanding of how the salary cap wortks SHOWS who the fool is.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 10:20 PM

okay, APPARENTLY he didn't know what the salary cap stipulates because he was owed more money. I think its more likely that, being that the Flyers are worth nearly twice as much as the Penguins, they can afford to pay players what they're actually worth. Talbot finally wised up and realized that last year was the beginning of a trend and not a fluke. I can't blame him for not wanting to lose another 4 games to the superior city next year.

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Castle
okay, APPARENTLY he didn't know what the salary cap stipulates because he was owed more money. I think its more likely that, being that the Flyers are worth nearly twice as much as the Penguins, they can afford to pay players what they're actually worth. Talbot finally wised up and realized that last year was the beginning of a trend and not a fluke. I can't blame him for not wanting to lose another 4 games to the superior city next year.
Can afford to pay what they're really worth? Really? I believe the Pens have been up against the cap ceiling for a few years now. If that's not spending money on your team I don't know what is. As far as the value of the team the Flyers are worth about 300 million and the Pens 235 million, 6th and 9th respectively. Not even close to double, but nice try though. Google is a wonderful thing.

Where have you been?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

How longs it been since the Flyers won a Cup? Good riddens I'm glad he signed with the enemy. He's only scored 10 goals in the last 2 seasons. They did us a favor. As far as that prima donna Jagr goes. Good Luck!

I see said the Blind Carpenter to his Deaf Helper as he picked up his Hammer and Saw!
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Sage

No fines or penalties to the Flyers... no biggie.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 05:09 AM

somehow you find victory in proving that the flyers are the better part of $65 million more valuable than the penguins. thats an entire salary cap worth of a city that fully backs their sports teams. I didn't witness a single flyers fan wish "good riddance" to ville leino when he left. I'm impressed you guys actually waited for him to leave the team before turning on talbot..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page