Roy Holliday- former Phils pitcher - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Trout Traveler

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Roy Holliday- former Phils pitcher

was killed in a plane crash today in Tampa Bay, Fla, single engine, he was alone....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:23 PM

He was a legend for us here. Prayers to the family.

3B NRA NWTF: I do have to fine you. That will be a thousand dollars Canadian, or 10 American dollars if you prefer.

My Blog
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 08:17 PM

Rest in Peace Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 08:21 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRENoutdoors View Post
He was a legend for us here. Prayers to the family.

Ditto, my kids loved him. Such a good guy. In a time when there are so many unappreciative sports figures, and down right jerks.

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 08:05 AM

Who are those two sportscasters in the Boston area, Felger and Massarrotti, who basically said Halladay had it coming because he was flying low over the ocean?

I'd never heard of them until now, but they sound like a couple of major idiots.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
Who are those two sportscasters in the Boston area, Felger and Massarrotti, who basically said Halladay had it coming because he was flying low over the ocean?

I'd never heard of them until now, but they sound like a couple of major idiots.
I have not heard that, however the last 2 days Mr. Angelo Cataldi on WIP has been almost constantly doing more then suggesting that Halladay was engaging in risky behavior and this is why he was killed. Cataldi has even gone so far as to identify other athletes that have been killed in plane crashes as a way of justifying his belief that flying is unsafe. He has stooped so low as to include Roberto Clemente in that list even though Clamente was on a humanitarian mission when the plane went down.

Remedy; sent an email and called the station to complain and turned on Anthony Gargano on The Fanatic. Cataldi had been out for a while due to some medical issue and the WIP morning show was great without his dirty-old-man act, constant reference to body functions and now this bashing of one of our favorite sports figures.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Sage

I saw a video of Halliday's crash, he was doing some stunts over the water, doesn't mean he deserved to die...I say you want to fly and you have the money, hire a pilot, same as with JFK Jr.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsdad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post

I have not heard that, however the last 2 days Mr. Angelo Cataldi on WIP has been almost constantly doing more then suggesting that Halladay was engaging in risky behavior and this is why he was killed. Cataldi has even gone so far as to identify other athletes that have been killed in plane crashes as a way of justifying his belief that flying is unsafe. He has stooped so low as to include Roberto Clemente in that list even though Clamente was on a humanitarian mission when the plane went down.

Remedy; sent an email and called the station to complain and turned on Anthony Gargano on The Fanatic. Cataldi had been out for a while due to some medical issue and the WIP morning show was great without his dirty-old-man act, constant reference to body functions and now this bashing of one of our favorite sports figures.
I was 9 when Clemente died. The plane carrying the supplies for the earthquake victims in Nicaragua was old and overloaded, but that wasn't Clemente's fault.

Some of these guys think they have to be controversial to get listeners.
jimsdad likes this.

Last edited by Trout Traveler; 11-09-2017 at 01:47 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 09:43 AM
Banned

I heard about Roy when I was at camp. He was a great pitcher and seemed like a pretty good guy who went to work every day. As far as the radio guys bad mouthing him, they are idiots. It's nothing but a ratings attempt and if it was one of their family members they'd be whistling a different tune.

RIP Roy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page