Flyers home opener - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Flyers home opener

Well they whooped up on the Capitals 8-2... 2 goal night for Raffl, Coots and Giroux. After 1st period jitters they calmed down and played a good game. I believe that makes them 3w - 2l so far this season their best start in 3-4 years.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 09:52 AM
Regular Visitor

they really should have beaten Nashville as well, that was disappointing.

But, home opener? That was pretty great! Holtby wasn't in net, but even still I think the Flyers would have won (just not with 8 goals). The chemistry was great. Voraceck finally showed up to a game with performance that matches his salary.

I can't wait for the future. Between the trade deadline, plus future seasons, we should be able to unload some dead weight (AMac...) and bring up even more young talent. Hakstol has shown he has no problem trusting the young guys in high stress/pivotal parts of the game, and Hextall said he wants speed. Both of those things tell me we'll see more young guys sooner than later. We're supposedly still "rebuilding", but we've definitely turned the corner.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Yeayyy !! Someone else watching.... last year I was the only one still on the bandwagon(no sense posting to myself). Yes the Nashville game stank at the end(great up till then). Not sure what Hakstol saw that would cause him to challenge as even the play by play guys didn't see it ! So I blame the Coach on that but won't hold it against him. Good win against Florida and a rematch with Nashville tonight

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemole View Post
Good win against Florida and a rematch with Nashville tonight
The rematch was ---- disappointing, though for 2/3 of the game the Flyers far outclassed Nashville, just couldn't beat their goalie. In the end, it was a fight between goaltenders. Neuvirth was absolutely amazing again. His stats this year are starting strong, much like his career stats for high-pressure playoff games. He's playing like a #1 in my opinion, and I've been on the Neuvy bandwagon since he got us into the playoffs.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemole View Post
Yeayyy !! Someone else watching.... last year I was the only one still on the bandwagon(no sense posting to myself). Yes the Nashville game stank at the end(great up till then). Not sure what Hakstol saw that would cause him to challenge as even the play by play guys didn't see it ! So I blame the Coach on that but won't hold it against him. Good win against Florida and a rematch with Nashville tonight

we're still out here.

to warm barrels and cold noses
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

It was a tuff loss but a great game - chances at both ends but the goalies stood strong. I also am a fan of Neuvy just wish he could stay healthier. The organization is not known for being able to pick a goalie..... still can't believe they traded Bob for Mason(although Mason had his moments)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page