Pens 2017-2018 Thread - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 735 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Pens 2017-2018 Thread

Well, it's official, politics has now infected every single favorite hobby and pastime of mine...

The Penguins have accepted their invitation to the White House and will meet with Trump and the blowback from "fans" is disgusting and disheartening.

I read a thread on another forum in which "diehard" fans were ripping the Pens for going and hoping that they get roasted for it. Every single post was some sort of jab at Trump and his "moron, knuckle dragging" supporters and how they were so "disappointed" in the Pens deciding to go.

Hockey was the last refuge for me in a sea of political correctness and activism. Sure, there was some political junk sprinkled in from time to time but when the teams took the ice before the game, it all ended. It was all about the game and the competition. If this PC garbage and political grandstanding makes its way into the NHL then I am officially done with pro sports.

Anyway, hoping for a 3 peat this year. Let's go Pens!
45-70bpcr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 735 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 08:28 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Hope the Pens stay above the political --

On a happier note, my boy has been participating in the Little Pens learn to play ice program at Rostraver ice garden. He is 3 weeks in on the 10 wk program. Rostraver won the Kraft Hockeyville contest this year so they have been getting some extra attn. This past weekend (Sunday), they had a special session where several Pens and Blues players ran the drills with the normal coaches. Martin Brodeur was even out there standing in goal taking shots from the kids!
Maatta, Cole, Wilson, Hornqvist and Rusty were there representing the Pens. Cole stole the puck from my son behind the net and played keep away for a minute or two....my son was eating it up. I had to leave early to run my daughter to a soccer game but my wife said the smiles on those 30+ kids faces coming off the ice was something to behold.

Here he is getting some tips from Rusty and Olli.

GO PENS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tyler&bryanR.jpg (74.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Tyler&ollie.jpg (89.3 KB, 3 views)
MQ-1, jkhunter, JasonN and 2 others like this.

Suburban redneck.
post #3 of 735 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGLE BOY View Post
Well, it's official, politics has now infected every single favorite hobby and pastime of mine...

The Penguins have accepted their invitation to the White House and will meet with Trump and the blowback from "fans" is disgusting and disheartening.

I read a thread on another forum in which "diehard" fans were ripping the Pens for going and hoping that they get roasted for it. Every single post was some sort of jab at Trump and his "moron, knuckle dragging" supporters and how they were so "disappointed" in the Pens deciding to go.

Hockey was the last refuge for me in a sea of political correctness and activism. Sure, there was some political junk sprinkled in from time to time but when the teams took the ice before the game, it all ended. It was all about the game and the competition. If this PC garbage and political grandstanding makes its way into the NHL then I am officially done with pro sports.

Anyway, hoping for a 3 peat this year. Let's go Pens!
The Pens did the right thing by NOT making it political. Fans will be fans regardless. So long as the players and organization keep their mouths shut going forward this will be but a blip in history. This too, like everything else, shall pass.
Danesdad likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 735 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 07:13 PM

I think the VAST majority of fans approve of the move and you'll hear the approval come Oct 4th in the form of a packed house applause. The media wants you to believe the Pens are taking heat but in reality they're not. Its just the voice of a very loud few. I love my Pens more today then I did yesterday.
jkhunter, JasonN, Danesdad and 1 others like this.
post #5 of 735 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 09:49 PM

Lots of talk about the 3rd and 4th line Centers. Lots of talk about trading for one. I hope they wait a while to pull a move like that. It makes sense to give home growns a chance to step up a solidify the position. They're way cheaper and you wouldnt have to give up any assets. Give the kids a chance and if it doesn't work out, trade them from a better center ;-)
JasonN likes this.
post #6 of 735 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 09:53 PM
The Man

Well, I am getting pretty excited about the season starting on Wednesday. Can't wait to watch the game. I don't expect them to come out like a house of fire to start the season though. In fact, I would bet that around Christmas they will be slightly over a .500 team. They have lost some talent and have a few question marks going into this season. They will need time to gel and play together. Here's hoping Sully will have them all straightened out by New Years and they can make a run for #3. Go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 735 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 10:10 PM

I'd love to see the Pens three-peat, but it's not going to happen.
post #8 of 735 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 01:19 PM

"it's not going to happen".....couldn't you at least say it's probably not gonna happen haha. So definitive!

Kudu has a pretty bold prediction there fluttering around the .500 mark. My gut tells me that they are going to be about as good as last year but that some other teams have gotten better over the summer so things aren't so cut and dry. I am still figuring that Washington is going to be a great team, Toronto will be good, some others.

Tough match up to start with the Blues. Ya get a big game right out of the gates!
post #9 of 735 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 08:58 PM

Three peat would be a tall order, but it could happen.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #10 of 735 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:00 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
I'd love to see the Pens three-peat, but it's not going to happen.
That's why they play the games. We'll see what happens. A three peat is not likely, but it sure will be fun and interesting to watch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page