Plaxico Burress In An Eagles Uniform? It Could Hap - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Plaxico Burress In An Eagles Uniform? It Could Hap

Quote:
Plaxico Burress In An Eagles Uniform? It Could Happen!

May 23, 2011
By: Steve Trevelise

Back on May 1st, I set a scenario on my WIP Sunday morning show where I had Plaxico Burress coming to the Eagles. Now the New York Daily News is speculating as well.

These are the reasons I have stated and when you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Both Michael Vick and Plaxico Burress come from the same part of Virginia. Both still have family there.

Vick has said he would like to visit Plax before he gets out of prison. What do you think they will talk about? Those great catches he used to make on Sheldon Brown?

I’m convinced Plaxico would get off his death bed to run a pattern on the former Eagle. Imagine what Plaxico could do for the Eagles offense in the red zone? You don’t have to imagine it, just go back to 2006 game 2, or for that matter Super Bowl XLII.

Imagine how comfortable Michael Vick would feel running around trying to make something happen knowing he had that big body of Burress running around on the other end.

It’s a match made in Virginia, or prison, or Philadelphia.

Plaxico Burress will be 34-years-old. He is about 20 pounds underweight, but has been doing nothing else but working out and healing, both physically and emotionally. He lives in North Jersey, so he wouldn’t have to uproot his family.

Tony Dungy is even going to visit him before he gets out on June 6th. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Eagles not only signed Burress, but if Michael Vick hosted a get out of jail party for him.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 06:47 PM

Re: Plaxico Burress In An Eagles Uniform? It Could Hap

Won't help. Burress is the last thing Vick needs. Plax is a problem child. He was a problem in Pittsburgh. He was a bad influence on Ben, which is one reason they let him walk. He was a nut in NY. Plax is Randy Moss but without the talent. Moss got by on talent without work ethic. Plax doesn't have nearly the talent Moss does/did, but his work ethic is similar. Had he learned to run a fade and high point the ball, the 2004 Steelers are in the Super Bowl. If the Eagles are smart, they will avoid him like he has herpes.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

I have to agree Burress would be a good person to steer clear of. With Vick the Eagles rolled the dice and the worst that could have happened would be they paid a mill for a guy whose stock could only go up from where he was when they took him; the best was he ended up at their starting QB. Burress is at the end of his career and can only offer problems both on and off the field.
If the Eagles need a big receiver that badly I am sure they could get someone to bite on a trade involving Kolb and some of that extra cash they will have since there is no longer a cap. You can’t fix something with a broken part.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 PM

Burress is perfect for the Eagles. Vick was a criminal and a bum before he got there. Now look at him. The city of brothers-on-drugs is the best place for Plax.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 PM

I think the two are very different. In Vick's case, I think he got to thinking that he was untouchable and would get away with whatever he wanted, and became a very arrogant jerk. Like another QB I know. Vick learned that this is simply not the case. He, at least to outsiders, seems to have gotten his act together. Vick never struck me as dumb. Even the criminal acts bear this out. Vick was caught running a lucrative dogfighting enterprise, and for the absolutely horrible, brutal murder of defenseless animals. Such things require some intelligence. In Plax's case, he shot himself in the leg because he was carrying an unlicensed weapon the waistband of his sweatpants at a bar at 3 am. You can't fix stupid. Plax is stupid. Philly would be a bad place for him. A place like Green Bay, where you don't have the nightlife, would be a good fit for him.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 PM

I completely agree that Burress is a low grade moron and that Vick is smarter...but I doubt Vick has a MENSA card either.

What makes Burress a good fit is that Vick likes to focus in one one guy and Burress could be that guy. Besides, if he's a complete flop, wouldn't you rather he bungled it in Philadelphia? I know I would. Every time a philly althlete chokes or falls on his face, an angel gets his wings and God takes a year off the life expectancy of Ed Rendell. Sounds like Win-Win to me.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad
I completely agree that Burress is a low grade moron and that Vick is smarter...but I doubt Vick has a MENSA card either.

What makes Burress a good fit is that Vick likes to focus in one one guy and Burress could be that guy. Besides, if he's a complete flop, wouldn't you rather he bungled it in Philadelphia? I know I would. Every time a philly althlete chokes or falls on his face, an angel gets his wings and God takes a year off the life expectancy of Ed Rendell. Sounds like Win-Win to me.
Ed Rendell would be dead if this were the case.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:10 AM

I suppose you are right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page