Pens vs. Isles. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Pens vs. Isles.

I know this is a day early but this game can support a days worth of discussion for sure.

As much as I hate it I am in support of playing to win this game first and foremost and not going for major revenge. That being said, this is a game where you MUST dress Goddard and Englend and at some point during the night Trever Ghillies must pay his price once if not twice. Both Goddard and Derrick are expendable at this point and a suspension would not be the end of the world if a fight cost them that. Under no curcumstances should the Pens ever engage in redemption against other Isle's like there skilled players. Nothing to gain there but Ghillies needs to be relentlessly pounded on the entire game. If the NHL wont take care of the issue you have 2 guys that need to as all costs.

I highly doubt this game will be a circus like the last one but this is most def. must see TV for all Pens fans. There is a real chance that the team could totally come together with a strong consolidated physical playoff style effort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM

Re: Pens vs. Isles.

Martin and Haley need dealt with as well, and I'd give anything for Granato to go over and beat Capulano like a red headed stepchild.

We’re not going to apologize for caring. We’re not.
post #3 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:45 PM

If there isn't some 'settling the score' in the first 5 minutes I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed. The players need this as much as the fans want it.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:47 PM

I'm hoping that the Pens have nothing to play for tomorrow, and can then sit guys like Letang and Staal, and for the love of God, Conner has no place near the ice. I'd love to see them call up Oggie Ogeldorf from WBS like the Isles did to us to get payback for their goalie getting what he begged for. Gilles doesn't even deserve players with the class of Godard or Engelland. They go straight up. Matt Cooke would love a game like this.

post #5 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:50 PM

I wonder if Philly would allow us to borrow Carcillo for a night.

post #6 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:53 PM

They have the division/#2 seed to play for. If Philly loses to Buffalo tomorrow night and the Pens win it's a last game of the season showdown(respectively) for that #2 seed. Pens still have to win the final game in regulation or OT to seal it though.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #7 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:56 PM

If I were Godard, I want a piece of Haley. He cost poor Godard 10 games, 40 grand, and Bylsma hasn't put Godard back in since.

post #8 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The Pens have not been the same team since the last meeting. They need to show the Islanders and the rest of the league that you don't get away with bush league antics against the Penguins. While I was hoping that the game would be meaningless, it is a very important 2 points. That being said, if Bylsma doesn't dress Engelland and Godard there is something very wrong in his thought process.
I'd send Godard, Rupp, Asham, Orpik and Engelland out for the first shift. Get it out of the way early and then take it to the Islanders.

Where have you been?
post #9 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 06:02 PM

1 maybe 2 staged fights and that's about all.

The real payback will be next years first pens home game against them.

Those who give up liberty in exchange for security will gain neither and lose both-Benjamin Franklin
post #10 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis h.
The Pens have not been the same team since the last meeting. They need to show the Islanders and the rest of the league that you don't get away with bush league antics against the Penguins. While I was hoping that the game would be meaningless, it is a very important 2 points. That being said, if Bylsma doesn't dress Engelland and Godard there is something very wrong in his thought process.
I'd send Godard, Rupp, Asham, Orpik and Engelland out for the first shift. Get it out of the way early and then take it to the Islanders.
That game scared Bylsma, and they've been one of the leagues softest teams since then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page